[24 Oct 2014] Minecraft Halloween (mc.gamingmasters.org:25567)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mysteryem, 22 Oct 2014.

1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Everything is mostly the same as the previous thread, however, there is a change to minecraft version(s) needed for the whole event. If parts of the event prove popular and there are people who cannot make it, we can repeat them at a later date (I'm thinking the week after).

Event start: Friday 24th, 6pm BST (GMT+1)
    Halloween Theme Park (by TheGeekBarbie), Minecraft 1.7.10
    [​IMG]
    The event will start on a fairly relaxed map while we build up numbers for the next map. There is no real objective here, the map is there for you to explore while we wait. However, there are 30 emeralds hidden around the map to be found. The person with the most emeralds at the end will get a cookie.

~7pm BST (GMT+1)
    Vampire Survival PVP (by Hypixel), Minecraft 1.7.10
    The more players we can get for this, the better (max 32, but I doubt we'll reach that); as the map is quite big.
    [​IMG]
    Once we've got a good number of people together, we'll play a few rounds of this, if people enjoy it, we'll do more until we've had enough. A couple of things to note:
    • Once the starting Vampire has been selected, everyone who wants to play must select Guard otherwise they'll end up stuck in the waiting room.
    • Guards must not leave the game until the round is over, doing so will break the map (guards will be guaranteed a win, meaning waiting until the 15 minutes are up)
    One player will be randomly selected to be the Vampire, everyone else starts as a Guard.
    Once the game has started, no new players will be able to join

As a Vampire, your main objective is to eliminate all of the Guards. Killing a Guard will respawn them as a Vampire.
    To start with, the Vampires are given Swiftness and Invisibility potions. Villagers will occasionally spawn around the map (highlighted by beacons), killing these as a Vampire will unlock additional potions that can be acquired from the villagers at the Vampires' spawn area.

As a Guard, your objective is to survive for 15 minutes, Vampires are much weaker than you are, but will simply respawn when killed. Protecting the villagers (note that multiple can be alive at the same time) will help you stay alive by limiting the Vampires' capabilities.

~8pm BST (GMT+1) (Until some time on Saturday this will be decided on the night, I'm thinking morning-early afternoon)
    GM Achievement Hunt Challenge, Minecraft 1.8
    ResourcePack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B46BH5jHk8uaeXdDNkxwZk1BSEE/view?usp=sharing

[​IMG]
    This is the main event, it will be a hunt for achievements, made more difficult by the restrictions placed on you.

For the first run, you will have 2 hours (real-time, though only accumulates while in-game). If it proves successful and people want to try again, this event will be repeated, possibly with a different run length based on how it went before. It is also possible to vary the terrain generation and ore distribution.

I will need your minecraft names to whitelist you for this server as I will be preventing normally whitelisted people from joining randomly so that I can give you starting items and spread out all the players a reasonable distance.

For players joining after the initial start, you will need to contact me so that I can whitelist you, find a place for you to start and give you the starting items. (any of the Op-ed Managers should also be able to help with this, just get them to give you the starting items and get you away from spawn)

The rules:
    • Permadeath (automatically handled by putting you in spectator mode) (if lots of people die early and we pick a long run length, we may need to come up with something like a point reduction per death to allow people to keep playing).
    • You will only be able to play until your time on the server is up, you will then be switched into Spectator mode (you will need to write down the coordinates of where all your stuff is at so it can be found again later). The timing is handled automatically with command blocks running on a 1 minute redstone clock. If you want to go fully afk (not waiting for trees to grow etc.), leave the server. Your time left will be displayed somewhere on your UI or below your name.
    • PvP will be disabled.
    • You must play on your own, it is too big of an advantage to play with someone else and I can't reduce the time limit for individual players.
    • Try not to mine/cut down trees/kill animals/place blocks/etc. near other players if possible, though feel free to try and sneak up on people if you do come across someone else.
    • If you come across someone else's base, specifically a farm, try not to stay around for too long as you're essentially helping that player by loading their chunks for them.
    • The spawn chunks (16x16 chunks) centred around the spawn point (0,0) will be areas of no entry once the game has started. You will be given nausea, mining fatigue and poison coloured hearts upon entering spawn chunks. (spawn chunks are always loaded, if you were to build a farm in them, your crops would grow even when nobody is on the server)
    • Torches are banned and will be remove from your inventory if you accidentally craft them. (redstone torches, sea lanterns, glowstone and redstone lamps are fine, as are other sources of light)

The setup:

The map:
    • Easy difficulty
    • The new types of stone are much rarer (granite etc.) due to them being purely cosmetic and lacking various crafting recipes.
    • Smallest possible biomes.
    • All ores are twice as common. (if we want to do really long runs, this can be reduced)
    • You are encouraged to explore, I will generate as much of the map as possible beforehand.

The achievements:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_B0hFj13_L1b-GuRYHc-rAFOuvmy3qFRxN5zqKpJLQ/edit?usp=sharing

The winner will be the person with the most points at the end. If we decide to do multiple runs and there's no clear winner, it will be based on the total points gained over all of the runs.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

saturday plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

4. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

please record it <3

5. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Yeah, I'm planning to stream (better upload speed at uni than at home), you'll get to watch me freak out when I mine into a silverfish block while strip mining; I had a small army of them after me in my test run. They have different sounds in the resourcepack too (you may recognise them).

You'll be able to participate in the achievement hunt as so long as you're whitelisted. Then it's just a matter of putting you in survival mode and setting the starting amount of time for you (if it's not set up, you'll get a minute before it kicks you into spectator), giving you starting items and teleporting you out of the spawn chunks. (you could walk, but the nausea is going to make it difficult)

If Vampire Survival does well and we can get a reasonable number of people at another time, it's incredibly simple to set up.

6. I'm not here on Friday but would love to take part - is there a way I can take part some time early Saturday? As I have to rush out to my cousins Engagement Party Saturday evening.

7. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Well, the first achievement challenge will most likely be spanning friday night to saturday morning/early afternoon.

If Jack or Savage want to add people into the map such that it tracks them properly, it's fairly simple once they've been whitelisted and have joined the server:

Up near 0x, 250y, 0z, there is a platform with command blocks.
    The highlighted command block has a button on it. Pressing it will set the timer up for all players currently in adventure mode (the default gamemode upon joining the server for the first time) and will then put them into survival mode. Once in survival, their timer will count down every minute. You'll just need to give them the starting items (3x jack-o-lantern + set of mob heads (optional)) and teleport them somewhere inside (-2500, -2500), (2500, 2500) but away from (-128, -128), (128, 128). (I have pre-generated a 5000x5000 area around (0,0))

8. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

btw for those who are wanting to stream
    [​IMG]

make sure that box is ticked :D

9. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

These are the names currently whitelisted for the theme park map and PvP map, if you're not on the list, I'll need to know:

0Shadowrider0
    Alexribbo
    Araikun
    Arrk
    Baseballbat
    Chalky22
    Chef_Excellence
    coffeejunky
    Darkimmortal
    Dr3v0
    Emnesia
    Fire4rt
    Gaw
    Geit
    hateist
    helljack
    helloiamalfi
    HiNRG69
    Humpers96
    Jindo
    KazzaBean
    lewyjudge12
    mattyribbo
    MDuker
    MisterSpuds
    Mole45
    Mysteryem
    Nisse1025
    RedPersik
    savage20
    SheepNL
    squallkitty
    Subvv
    Suundown
    ThatCactusIsASpy
    TheBlade95
    TheMC13
    TheOriginalCen
    vibrationX
    ViolateMe
    WaveEquation
    Zetsumei

10. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

11. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

i noticed as i did watch it all :p shame @HellJack didnt play 5 nights at freddies or did he?

12. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I tried, but my game kept crashing.

And then I got high, and things went downhill from there.

13. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Ok, the Achievement Hunt Challenge is now live on Minecraft 1.8 (mc.gamingmasters.org:25567).

You can start the challenge without me now!

When you join the server, you spawn in a little hub area that I built.

There is a pressure plate you can stand on which will start the challenge for you, giving you your 3 Jack-o-lanterns and randomly teleporting you. You're invulnerable for 30 seconds (this is so you can get dropped from a height without taking damage and can survive if you decide to start in the night and land near monsters) and you get some temporary swiftness, saturation and night vision.

The countdown of your minutes remaining now shows next to your name on the player list (TAB).

You have until 1:00am BST (GMT+1) tomorrow to complete the first run (~2 hours), at which point, I will close the server.

Good luck.

Edit: The whitelist is the same as the one that was used for the Vampire Survival PvP map.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2014
  14. Cactus The key is to never give up

I stand on the pressure plate and nothing appears to happen?

15. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

16. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

The server has been shut down for now, and I'll count up the scores tomorrow morning.

A total of four people played, Lewy, myself, Cactus and Queen.

Cactus unfortunately died with 27 minutes remaining when a gave him a lava bath.
    Lewy completed a full run.
    I was unable to complete my run in time, with 54 minutes remaining.
    And Queen has also run out of time to complete her run, with 87 minutes remaining.

So yeah, I guess we'll either not bother with that again, or extend the cut-off time to be more than 24 hours. (a similar sort of thing known as Minecraft BINGO does weekly challenges)

Alternatively, challenges/games that are more directly competitive would probably be better, seeing as how well the Vampire Survival PvP went down.

I think the challenge partially suffered to the fairly low number of mobs, the increase in dungeons was nice, but the world felt quite empty elsewhere. I only saw two ghasts in my trip to the nether, neither were close enough to launch fireballs at me, so not even a chance of getting that achievement.

17. I would have liked to have played - perhaps a week to complete your time would be good?

18. Cactus The key is to never give up

my top tip - don't be greedy!

I had 9 diamonds and I needed 2 more so I could complete all the challenges that I would need to mine for (aside from the nether/stronghold ones) but instead of completing (5?) potential challenges, I died and completed none of those.

19. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Assuming the only custom achievement that Cactus got was having one of every type of tool, he has 250 points. (27 minutes remaining, died)
    Assuming the same for Queen, she has 180 points. (87 minutes remaining, DNF)
    I think Lewy named a rabbit Toast, which puts him at 440 points. (full run completed)
    I managed to get 315 points. (54 minutes remaining DNF)

Lewy is the clear winner (though he was the only one to finish the run).

20. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ehh I think I misunderstood the rules. I thought we would have multiple runs. Shitfuck.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. things to build in minecraft for halloween

2. things to to build in minecraft for halloween