Anti-Lenny, Chat spamming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lGMl Noob M8, 29 Dec 2016.

?

Should there be a limit for spaming lenny's?

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

50.0%
  1. lGMl Noob M8 Jsut bad at englis

if you ever played on the orange server you should already know that everyday we get thousands of lenny faces, its not like spamming is against the rules or something, they just take it as a joke, i don't find it even funny in fact it's very annoying and disturbing, so i suggest to put a limit for it, or warnings then kicking ,
    *dies*
    *dead*censored : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*hears a funny joke*

censored : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*get a revenge from someone*

someone insults him as gay

they react to everything by saying "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

what is above isn't a joke or fake, it actually happens everyday, by multiple people.
    and by far as i know, it's annoying asf, some people agree, others not.

SPAMMING

okay this is quite different from spamming lenny faces but its still annoying asf.

*dead*censored#3 : ur dump< people bind shit like this and spam it all over the place, and here comes another issue that needs to be solved.

anyways that's what i wanted to say for you guys do something about it, have an awesome day <3.

Also if there's anything wrong with my grammar please let me know

2. lGMl Noob M8 Jsut bad at englis

First xd

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Iirc theirs a plugin out there that can simply block a message if it contains a certain phrase or in this case, a lenny face. but yeah, they're super annoying and so 2015 pls fix @Dark

4. We have a plugin for this but it seems like something that would better be handled manually as they could trivially change the face a bit to avoid bans

5. Simply report to an admin or write a message via dsock, adding ~ before your message, if there is a lot of spam, we'll take care of it.

6. -M-m- herpderp

Maybe implement a message in the ingame chat about the server rules could work (when it doesn't decide to break and spam *sv_tags has changed to........* every 15 seconds.)

7. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

tbh a simple cap messages per second would already be good, 2 or 1 messages a second as a limit or something (with exception for admins for commands and stuff), and a temp silence for going over the limit 10 times

8. the game does that as standard, unless a poorly written plugin has broken that functionality (wouldn't be surprised)

9. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

maybe it should be a bit harsher than, since i saw plenty of bind spam multiple times in a very limited time (or prehaps it's broken, i'll check)

edit: the built in spam stopper is working, it limits to 1 a sec, but when people bind spam 1 a sec is still super annoying

Last edited: 29 Dec 2016
  10. Kutti Kutti

I remember back when I used to use lennies...
    none of them are pleasant memories...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no spaming chat

2. anti lenny plugin tf2

3. different lenny faces