ARMA III

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Deleted member 2190, 17 Feb 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Introduction
    Shamelessly copied from Wikipedia below
    ARMA 3 (stylized as ARMA III) is an open world, tactical shooter video game developed by Czech studio Bohemia Interactive for Microsoft Windows. It was released on September 12, 2013. ARMA 3's storyline takes place in the mid-2030s during the fictional Operation Magnitude, a military operation launched by NATO forces fighting in Europe against "Eastern armies" referred to as CSAT (Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty) led by a resurgent Iran.

Set more than 25 years after the events of ARMA 2, in the mid-2030s, NATO forces deployed to islands of the Aegean Sea are trying to hold off a massive Iranian military offensive from the east. During the single-player campaign, the player will take the role of a U.S. Army soldier, Corporal Ben Kerry. Initially, the player must survive on his own after friendly forces are defeated in a failed NATO operation. During the campaign, the player will face everything from lone wolf infiltration missions to the commanding of large scale armoured operations. The player will be able to choose different objectives and weaponry (such as UAVs, artillery, and air support) according to their play style.

ARMA 3 takes place on the Aegean islands of Altis (formerly Lemnos) and Stratis of Greece, in the Mediterranean Sea. They will feature photo-realistic terrain and water environments. Altis will be the largest official terrain in the Arma series with ground area covering approximately 270 km². The smaller island, Stratis, will expand over an area of 20 km². The islands will feature over 50 villages with buildings that are both penetrable and destructible.
    Shameless copy ended

Trailers, Videos & Gameplay:

Dslyecxi (Andrew Gluck from ShackTactical Community) has been collaborating with the company to produce an amazing set of videos as a community guide which can be found here

I also recommend that if you enjoy the look of this game and want to look into it, there are many ShackTactical members on YouTube who record footage from the communities many games and matches, and I will list some of the channels in the spoiler below!

Zeus
    Assume the role of game master and curate the experience of other Arma 3 players. Wielding an intuitive real-time editor, you can manipulate or expand multiplayer scenarios on-the-fly, and create a surprising flow of challenges for the soldiers on the ground.

Basically, it is an amazing mission editor which will make missions and the game overall 10x more fun and interactive.

Basically
    Basically I think that having a lot of GM have this game would be amazing fun as we could organise missions to play through together. If a mission were too easy or too hard, it could be scaled down with the new Zeus editor easily.

ARMA III is currently on sale here on Steam for £40. A steep price tag but for a game of this quality you can't really go wrong.

I'm sure many of you already know this, but if you're looking for a game which is fast-paced action and you can soak up a lot of bullets, this is not it.
    If you get shot once you're probably going to die, however that's the thrill of the game. Should you poke your head out of cover to get a view on the enemy or is it too risky? Expect to spend a lot of time crawling through grass you can't even see out of just to get a good shot or vantage point on enemies.

People who have ARMA III:
    Blue
    Skele
    DukeofCrumpet
    LewyJudge12​

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. "But DayZ standalone..." Is all I ever hear when I ask about ARMA III :smith:

3. DayZ standalone and Arma III are completely different games

Dayz Standalone is literally just dayZ that you purchase on its own for 20 quid, and that's great if you love dayz - I highly recommend it.

However ARMA III is fantastic if you're looking for some tactical, tense battles against other players in vehicles, planes, helicopters, underwater - everything. It has a massive amount of custom missions on Steam Workshop already which is impressive as its been out for only about 2 months. There are also a huge amount of add-ons already too as many from ARMA II have been ported over.

Overall DayZ is great fun with friends and you can get into some tense situations, which is exactly the same as ARMA III except there are no zombies, a gazillion more opportunities and scenarios, and hundreds of missions and vehicles and weapons.

Plus nothing beats flying around in jets with a butt-ton of friends and flying into each other or dogfighting in the air in a big swarm. It's hilarious

Last edited by a moderator: 17 Feb 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. 40% this weekend deal, ends 24th feb

btw, I keep hearing it's mostly co-op vs AI?

Tell me there's a good PvP community somewhere...

I want to play ARMA cos it reminds me so much of Reality mod for BF:2

5. There is a large co-op vs AI scene in ARMA - alot of serious communities use it including ShackTac sometimes

However there are a fuckton of Wastelands servers where you can team up with randomers or make your own "team" with friends using the group system and fight that away, clear objectives, get better weapons and vehicles and more. Plus these are usually about 60 players which is nice.

If you find a group of people you can probably join in some PvP specific missions with them though - it's really not too hard to find people who want the same as you in this game!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zeus shacktac