Can Asians be weeaboos ?

Discussion in 'Weeaboo Corner' started by |GM| RecordedMessage, 4 Aug 2017.

1. I think not, as being an Asian gives me a reason to be so goddamn addicted to anime.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  2. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Isn't the definition of a weeaboo being addicted to anime and the paraphernalia associated with the genre???

3. Cactus The key is to never give up

I Will Always Give You The Truth I Will Never Lie To You In My music If You Cant Handle My Feelings And Emotions Please Unfollow Me

4. As you say Asian and not Japanese.

Yes.

More like an unnecessary obsession with Japanese culture when you have in fact not even japanese/visited japan/met a japanese person and just watched cartoons.

• Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  5. Gaw discord is my friend now

baka

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Alright, time for Old Professor HellJack to bust some knowledge of you folks.

"Weeaboo" is a term used in modern parlance. Its origins hail from the term "Wapanese", "White Japanese", or "Wannabe Japanese" first used in 2002. It basically refereed to any English speaking Caucasian who had a high obsession with Japanese culture, and Japanese culture specifically.

From the Racial Slur Database, cir. 2002:

The first known use of the word "weeaboo" was in a 2016 webcomic called the Perry Bible Fellowship, where the term had no meaning other than something unpleasant...or very pleasant if you're into that sort of thing.

Sometime after, the fine and upstanding pricks over on 4chan started using the word "weeaboo (or weeb)" as a replacement for "Wapanese".

So to answer your question "Can Asians be Weeaboos?", no. "Weeaboo" is a term specifically originated as a derogatory term for white people.

And there you have it.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Baka to all

8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

You are only half asian btw.

9. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Fucking weebs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)