City Project - Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Squirrel, 25 Apr 2012.

1. NEW PLAN!
    First off I want to say, I scraped the floating idea and the Islands so here we go.
    [THE MAIN BUILDING]
    this will be built the first
    In the center of the City will be the "Main Building"
    This "Main Building" will be equiped with Mass Storage (more about this later)
    The lowest level will be equiped with Systems and Network to guide the Railcraft Player and Item transportation Network, This Network will be layed out to City and City only "real" cities will be connected with each other.
    [RAILCRAFT NETWORK]
    In the lowest level the Carts will be guided to different "Stations" in the Main Building.
    The arriving Item Cargo will be guided towards a Station to load everything off.
    Departing Item Cargo Carts will be guided towards a temporaly storage until we recieve notice of other cities that sended us Cargo, When it has been confirmed that the carts were from that city the carts will be send back.
    The Arriving Carts carrying Players will go to the Arriving Station where the players are allowed to step out of their carts and walk trough the city or take another route to another City.
    (if a arriving cart is empty it will be stored)
    Departing Carts will be guided by the player him self. (empty ones will be guided back to the station for storage)
    [MASS STORAGE]
    The Mass Storage will require the most amount of space in the Main Building. (Floor 2 to 5?)
    Every item that is assigned with the colour "White" in the RP2 Tube network in the city will be guided towards the "Main Building" to get sorted in chests, Chests will be assigned with different items and if the item is likely to be acquired in large quantities then it will get ~1 Double Chests for only that single item (E.G. : Iron Gold etc.)
    The sorting will be done by Filters attached to the Chests, in this way only allowing certain items to go in the chest.
    If a item can't go anywhere it will be guided to the highest level to get destroyed in a Relay (or more).
    [THE CITY FLOOR]
    I couldn't come up with a proper name for it sorry!
    This floor (Floor 6?) will house the "Converence Room" for important city discussions.
    A Room for the Mayor (ME :D) and rooms for other important people.
    And more useless rooms! :D (BOOYAH)
    And somewhere at the height of the sixth floor a large ComputerCraft Digital Clock will be suspended!
    Features : Playing melodies on certain times so that the "workers" know when they have to go to work or have lunch etc. And displaying the time on a huge screen! (format 00:00 using 7 segment displays)
    Looking for Help! :
    Since i can't do this alone i'm requesting you guys for help on this project!
    People with the following skills are really needed :
    People Helping Me :
    Gaw​
    RossyMac​
    Cactus​
    RoflBoxer​
    Damonstar​
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you don't like this idea, please leave. If you like it but have some suggestions leave them down below!
    And just that you know, I like to build useless stuff... so be aware!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sweaty Sweaty x 1
    • List
  2. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Oh fuck, not another floating city. We've done this before in normal minecraft and it never ends well. Build it on the ground and I think it would be an interesting idea.

3. It's a ton easier on the ground... might actually do it on the ground..

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

I may help out, if you get more people and have something to work with (I'm not going to be told to build x on a blank grass mountain; once you have something to work with, I may jump in)

5. What do you mean with "something to work with" what are your requirements?

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

A foundation of sorts, a plan. I'm not great at coming up with ideas myself.

7. Fair enough, I'm full of ideas! :)

8. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

This sounds cool, I'd help with this

9. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

*future

10. Cactus The key is to never give up

I wil probably help, although tekkit seems to be boring me a little (I still need to learn about industrial craft).

The main problem in the past for community builds is that someone goes and griefs it, or no one will work together.

11. Alot of people can help you with learning Industrial Craft ;) And for the part of griefing... That's why i want it floating too high for griefers too reach!

12. Really fast sketch of the inner part of the city! Tommorow i'll try to "sketch" something in MC :)

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. RoflBloxer Herping Derper

Hey, I'd join if you'd accept me. I have massive knowledge of BC and IC2, and i haz a condensor you can borrow to use for construction. :3 Damon would have to join too, and hes already whitelisted and has the same skills i possess. :3 And, Given the time, I can make an Iron-To-Diamond factory, takes 32 iron for a diamond, but its kinda fun to watch, and if i add a macerator, its only 16 iron. :3

14. Ian Flora The Stare Master

I'm in, I have pretty good knowledge on BD and IC2, RoflBloxer and I have a condensor (as he said) and would like to get into something fun C: (Sidenote: I'm a pretty epic builder, just give me the materials and the idea and I can go to town C:.)

15. Ok! Another Sketch of the Sector Layout!

RED : Industrial Sector Sector/Area, E.G. : Factories (Sorting, Processing and Energy Producing)
    ORANGE : Resident Facility Sector/Area, E.G. : Banks, Mall, Portals etc.
    Yellow : High-Ranked Residential Sector/Area, E.G : Big Housing Plots 32x32 (More Rent)
    Green : Lower-Ranked Residential Sector/Area, E.G : Normal housing plots 16x16 (Less Rent)

THE CITY WILL NOW BE BUILT ON THE GROUND.
    Building Style will be in the next post. Probally going to be Industrial/Modern styled. I'll try to make some examples

Attached Files:

16. Another Sketch has been made!

This time the layout of the sorting "tower" will be discussed! My idea is down below!
    I'll explain it :
    First, all the unsorted items will be tagged with the colour White, The only way to go as a White item is to a White Pipe, This White Pipe is connected to another sorting machine sorting it even more.
    If the sorting machine recognises the item it will tag it with the colour that we have set for that item in the sorting machine!
    If it isn't sorted on 1 floor it will go to the next one and if doesn't get sorted there.. it will go futher!

(14 chests can be placed in this design)(White is the default not sorted route)(Black isn't used since it messed up the symetry :) )
    2012-04-27_07.56.03.png 2012-04-27_07.53.52.png 2012-04-27_07.53.25.png 2012-04-27_07.53.09.png 2012-04-27_07.53.04.png

And

I need someone to design a compact and good looking machine that can handle these functions :
    Macerate, Smelt, Compress, Extract and Recycle and also be able to sort.

Atleast 1 input and 1 output
    I needs to be fast enough to accomodate ±15 players with machinery! (This place will be fully automatic and the end product will be stored in the Storage Tower)
    Railcraft will also be used in the transport system since it just looks awesome to see these carts move about :P
    EDIT : I'LL BE ON HOLIDAY FOR ONE WEEK! PROJECT WILL BE INACTIVE.
    LEAVE ANY IDEAS YOU HAVE IN THIS TOPIC PLEASE!

17. RoflBloxer Herping Derper

We.
    Need.
    Sewers so we can haz hobos ;3

18. remove city, build gm mansion

including elevators, cheff's kitchen, places for all the animals gm has and a cocktus farm

19. Ian Flora The Stare Master

I have a small suggestion. I was thinking we could have an Equivalent Exchange facility, cause I'm pretty good with EE, building, and IC. I had a huge one back on a SP map I was playing around on a couple months ago, and thought with EE, everything else would be 100% easier, and 20% cooler. Just a suggestion though; I still want to be part of it either way.

Also, like I said "I'm a pretty good builder". I was thinking, if you need to message me or email me at ianalanflora@gmail.com the actual building ideas for houses and such. I can accommodate.

Nanu Nanu.

20. Spykodemon Disabled account

Build a psychiatric hospital with secure units for these bronies

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. huge explosion gif

2. rossymac@gmail.com