Crafting Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Wastelands' started by HellJack, 10 Oct 2011.

1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

If you have a suggestion for a new crafting recipe, post it here.

2. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I desire bookshelves.

But, I need Sugar Cane to do it. So, how about:

2 Vines crafts into 1 Sugar Cane.

3. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

9 wood or netherack for 1 stone or something like that? and how about being able to break fences down into sticks?

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, 9 Netherrack already make a Brick Block. And being able to craft Stone is a bit against the whole "limited resources" sort of intent of this server.

I do like the "reverse crafting" notion. Hell, I would love to be able to break down iron gates into iron ingots, myself.

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

3 in a colum would be cool imo:

(Where X = Vine and O = Nothing)

OXO
    OXO
    OXO

Also:

Saddles goes into 8 leather (and one iron if you can craft something into two different items).

6. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

kk how about lapiz lazuli into something?

7. Craft 1 seed, 1 melon seed, 1 sappling (different sappling for each mushroom) to make a mushroom

Craft saddle to make 1 slime ball and 8-16 leather.

8. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

as vines are usually climbable how about you put vines in the same way as stick to make ladders?

and (red) Bricks break down into redstone dust?

8 Redstone dust and a torch into 8 lightstone dust?

9. Is it possible to craft milk without the cow??

10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Nope

But...if we're satisfied with how the server is running we might want to think about registering it with some of the Minecraft Server sites. That way, if you vote for the [GM] Wastelands, you can get a Cake.

Yeah, I would be totally stealing the idea...but it's a good idea to steal.

Speaking of the name Watselands, do we really want to call it that?

Maybe we could think of a new name, so as to remove ourselves from Tommo and his server.

11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Actually, Vines can not be climbed.

You can get Redstone Dust from Cave Spiders and Glowstone Dust from Charged Creepers.

12. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

I think he means IRL on the vine there, also how about 9 soul sand for 1 glass or something similar?

13. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

You can already get glass from smelting Sand. And this map has a lot of Sand.

14. Well I don't have a say in this really but a new name would be good I think. Or people would think you copied Tommo. But something like Outskirts, borderland, marsh, badlands, desolate... or plain badass survival map.. lol

15. 1 anything into pink wool
    2 pink wool into lava

16. poloniumandrats Mutated Rat Pokémon

How about:

1 Soulsand + 1 Sand = Gravel

Melon Seeds + Redstone Dust = Pumpkin Seeds

Pumpkin Seeds + Redstone Dust = Wheat Seeds

Wheat Seeds + Redstone Dust = Sapling

Or something like that, using redstone (or glowstone or lapis lazuli) to convert seeds to other seeds and stuff.

Also, how about crafting string into feathers

17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I have a late suggestion.

What do you all think about Smelting Soul Sand into Dirt?

It would still require you to get enough Cobble to make a Furnace, then have enough (Char)Coal to use to Smelt the stuff.

Would that make things too easy, or would the hassle of going through all the steps to make Dirt be enough for a Wasteland server?

18. I think there's enough dirt around the wastes to keep people happy - I've got half a chest filled with the stuff thanks to Queen and my crew :P

Now - as for the overall difficulty of the wastes - I believe we need to make getting food far, far more difficult than it is at the present moment. The crafting recipes make getting seeds very, very easy and once you've got one then you're pretty set for the rest of the game. To me that makes things a bit too easy - and we have ample supply of zombies that we could be using for food in the mean time. Thus I'd like to propose that we change the crafting recipe for seeds from its current "8 saplings 1 bonemeal" to a rather more difficult, but still achievable "8 cobwebs 1 sapling". This will require players to: a) gather enough cobblestone together to make a furnace, b) get enough materials to smelt cobble into smooth stone before using those to create a cobweb, and c) take a long, long time so that people have to really struggle until they get a reliable food source (or trade for one!).

Overall it means that to get one sapling you must use 72 cobblestone and one tree sapling to get one seed - it may seem a lot, but considering from that one seed you'll be able to produce as much as you want it's more fair than the current system (if you ask me).

Anyone got any suggestions as to the above?

Savvy

19. poloniumandrats Mutated Rat Pokémon

I think the apples falling from the trees are an easier source of food though, and that does make it way too easy.

Also, don't forget that wheat plants drop 0-2 seeds, so you could get 0 seeds like I did, THREE TIMES. I was harvesting saplings for ages...

Melons are also a much more sustainable and easier food source, the best way to balance it is to remove the mineshafts from the map, as they make wood, seeds and everything far easier than it should be.

Also, that would make beds a rare luxury, as you would have to craft cobwebs, place them and destroy them to get the string for the wool, rather than ransacking the mineshafts.

20. If at all possible the number of seeds you get from wheat reduced. I almost have a chest full. I get more then I can possibly plant.
    And is there any other way to make cobble? Seeing that alot of bases are pretty close and you use alot to make bricks and for tools the amount will deplete soon. I myself only have 1,5 stack left and I pick up everything I can find.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. derp cow

2. deplete to use up