DayZ GM Server info and updates

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Dark, 11 Aug 2012.

1. Some friends of my run a server team-goc.de they know how to.

2. Geit Coding wizard!

DayZ does not record who killed who, nor does it do any sanity checking on a player's movement speed. If a user is using a bypasser, teleports around the map and kills people, this is entirely untraceable without significant detective and guess work, this is the fault of the DayZ team, not our own. I've spent the last hour checking logs and can not find a trace in nearly 60k lines of log. It'd be a damn sight easier if you had any actual details about the hacker, even the type of weapon, or his accent would probably enough to pin him down, although not to submit for a global ban.

Also, advertising another community, and claiming we don't know what we're doing is plain stupid. We strive to create the best atmosphere we can on our servers. In the past 3 days, we've blocked over 50 hackers from joining, and have submitted 12 scripters to the global ban list and are constantly monitoring for unusual behaviour.

EDIT:

I compiled this table from the logs, this shows the 3 people who were remaining on the server when one of our admins died on spawn, minutes before a server restart, all the players have deaths, however all of Nick's disconnects are when he is alive, which shouldn't be possible, iirc.

Code:
     ID | Name  | GUID                             | Conn. T. | PID      | Deaths | Location
    #05 | Yeow  | bc721d4ecea539a025e18dc8c2ffdada | 14:11:50 | 57822278 | 6      | Unknown
    #08 | Error | c474fc7bd0b6f634176487c10b2c0131 | 14:42:53 | 65437958 | 4      | United Kingdom
    #23 | Nick  | b315c282b5b3af585dcc43b4b225f50b | 14:23:08 | 70556102 | 4      | USA, East coast

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  3. You have been banned for the following reason: Spam.

Very nice of you, just to want answers from me, and then just bann me, and yes they have death, the first time they killed me and my brother, we could actually fight back, name was "nick" and "Dave" i think but not sure about that, for the equip, they always wear a gilli suit and some exotic weapon, one time i saw a "m249 Saw" or a "MK 48 Mod 0" they look like the same, nearly

We were at 131,098 view from dayzdb.com, we just enterd the game an was looking around a bit, then 2 people in gilly suit "not sure what for a weapon" teleported right next to us an want that we put down the weapon, then we rann away and they shout at us butt did not hit me, i turned arround at a tree and shoot a full magazin from my m16 in his body, he fired back and me and the hacker, name was "nick" i think, died. In the same moment my Brother fired a headshot against the other hacker with his "m4a1 cco" and "Dave" with an name behind Dave, not sure about this what it was, died. Then my brother ran to my boddy to save my gun, but then hey diet without a gunsound, just dropped dead.

My Brother say that one of the Hackers wearing a Uniform, not the carmo and not the gilly.

PS. will this account also receive a :Gaming Masters - Error You have been banned for the following reason: Spam.

if it is so, it was one of your admins, this is for sure.

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Wait, what was your account that got banned?

We have been getting hit HARD with fake accounts with Spam products attached to them.

If your name had a bunch of random numbers in it, chances are it got banned in the process of cleaning up the actual Spam Bot accounts.

It was not done maliciously.

5. I got banned because i am saying whats going on yesterday, how the hackers killed all the survivors on the servers, saying name and some clues to find them and for this got banned.
    You all say NOOOO wie dont use hacks, well but the truth is obviously something different.

Ps. the lasst entry was a account without numbers, so if you saying the truth ........

6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Mind you, I don't know anything about DayZ.

But if you got banned, and want to be unbanned, I guess your best bet is to act friendly and civil, right? Not passive aggressive as you're doing now. Who knows, maybe it was a mistake? You can't know whether it was or wasn't, and as you can see here, people are trying to help you.

Further, unless someone changed his or her name to prevent detection, I can assure you there's no 'nick' or 'Dave' in [GM].

7. Cactus The key is to never give up

So you come on this forum and accuse us of using hacks. You didn't even know who killed you, yet you are blaming admins?! Geit then showed you that he has worked hard going through logs to ban players from, not just our server, but globally, therefore making the game better and also preventing this from happening in the future.

No offence, but I hope your account gets banned again.

8. Geit Coding wizard!

We don't have any admins called Nick or Dave, and those are the people you suspect, you can check our members list if you really must. Also, we don't have any in-game admins for DayZ, and I must point out, yet again, that teleporting is a hacker ability, not an admin ability, as hundred of threads on the DayZ forums point out. If it were one of our members, we would take the exact same action as we would against a randomer hacker, and they'd likely be removed from the community faster than you can say rabbits. Due to a lack of log evidence, I am not allowed by the DayZ hosting terms to ban Dave or Matt, all I can hope is that their bypasser gets caught by BattlEye.

As for you being banned, as was said, it's likely that an admin reviewed the recent activity log and saw what appeared to be an advertisement for your other community and ran XenForo's spam cleaner on you, if we were trying to hide something, we would have also deleted the posts where we quoted or replied to you and blocked your IP range. We have nothing to hide, but in this case we also have nothing to show, we cannot ban these hackers, because we have no viable proof that they are hacking (Proof which I spent nearly 3 hours searching for last night). If you want to continue whining and accusing us of being hackers, by all means go ahead, but it really won't get you anywhere.

9. Geit here was good enough of a person to spend quite some of his free time searching through the logs to try and find the cause of your distress, even when you were impolite about it. I think you should appreciate the fact that he tried to help you as well as the time and large measures he takes to make sure the server is running smoothly and without hackers. There was nothing whatsoever that indicated that these players were hacking, and, as he said, if he did ban them without reason he'd have gotten into trouble himself.

10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I can honestly say your account(s) were not banned because we were afraid of you exposing a "haxing conspiracy" on our DayZ server.

I was the one who did the banning, and I don't play DayZ.

No, the reason your account(s) were banned was because you tried to register with the username(s) of:

Devil1212
    Devil11454445

Also, you registered using the email provider "gmx.net" which I did not recognize. This sent up some flags for me, and I mistook your account(s) for just another fake Spam Bot account.

The XenForo sites have been getting slammed with an onslaught of Spam Bots registering fake accounts in an effort to link to horrible, virus infested websites that sell Male Enhancement Drugs and Pirated Videos and stuff like that.

Your account was registered in between the fake accounts: DarinJ and MozelleIlt.

Other names used by Spam Bots have been "bbobbymarleyy8284", "angelasark9522", & "badizzycfancesay6319".

So, I would like to offer a sincere apology for banning your account(s). I hope you can understand it was not done maliciously, but as an effort to try to keep our forums free and clear of Spam Bots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    • Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Yes. Now I know.

Do you understand how your accounts could be mistaken for fake ones?

12. Geit Coding wizard!

DayZ 1.7.2.6:
    • [NEW] Bear trap has chance to spawn on infected hunters
    • [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Bodies should now not display graphical glitches)
    • [NEW] Three UI options available: Default (indicators only), Debug (indicators + debug window), None (only base ArmA2 UI)
    • [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Just waiting for the Private Hive files to become fully compatible with this update, then we're moving over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. shadiku nyoro~n

So the server will be 1.7.2.6 with Beta 96584/85 on Private Hive?

14. Geit Coding wizard!

Yes.

15. Geit Coding wizard!

For anyone who doesn't already know: The DayZ server is now capable of running Utes on a fresh hive. I also took the time today to install Namalsk on the server, so we can play that should we want to, the hive supports jumping between worlds.

16. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Could we get this back online? Steam is now supporting the actual mod so everything is easier to manage. I believe they did this in expectation of the Standalone game , still i'd be hell of fun to get the old server back up.

17. I can't even remember what we were doing to run the server, and it's a lot harder than just flicking a switch

18. Geit Coding wizard!

Bliss doesn't support the latest version of DayZ, will need to look into the state of things at some point. At York over the weekend, so maybe next week at some point.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arma 2 dayz gm kodok

2. dayz server kill log

3. checking kill logs in dayz

4. dayz admin ban wegen ip untraceable,
  5. dayz log kill hacker,
  6. gm server.org,
  7. dayz server hackers names