DayZ Private Hive

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Geit, 30 Aug 2012.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

DayZ 1.7.2.5 is a massive catastrophe:
    • Vehicles don't spawn correctly.
    • Vehicles only rarely save, and like to randomly change into a bus.
    • Vehicles can be magically repaired by saving them, or getting in and out etc.
    • Vehicles don't have lasting inventories or damage.
    • Tents don't save equipment.
    • Tents duplicate themselves.
    • Backpacks have a chance of randomly destroying themselves due to Humanity glitches
    • People can carry around hacked weapons, and easily pick them up from duping tents
    • And there are many many more little bugs...
    So, I've taken the time tonight to go ahead and install Bliss, a private Hive. First and foremost this means that if you had any camps before, or you were particularly attached to your weapon: It's gone now (on our server), and I'm sorry for that, but in the long term, it's a far better choice for the well being of our server, at least until 1.7.3 rolls around.
    Some of the benefits that the private hive provides, off the top of my head:
    • Full control - We can literally do anything we want to the server without fear of repercussion from the DayZ server police.
    • Hacker detection - People who spawn in vehicles will be very very easy to spot, as vehicles are only otherwise added at the server restart.
    • More vehicles -- There's a limit of 50 (configurable) vehicles on the server, if one of them is destroyed during a gameplay session, it'll be respawned as an entirely new vehicle random on the next restart, most likely.
    • More vehicle spawn points - Some of the vehicle spawns are not marked on any loot maps, which should provide an interesting challenge for everyone.
    • Vehicle Inventories, damage and position - They work perfectly now, come rain or shine.
    • Tents - I haven't tested these, but they should work fine.
    • Barbed Wire and Tank traps - After a few days of being inactive or unused, they will be automatically removed, or they can actually be permanently removed with a toolbox now.
    • Lightning fast loading times - From lobby to game in 2 seconds, also: No more memory leak.
    • Less server restarts - It's likely that I'll bump up the restart period from 6 hours to 12 hours or more because of the performance increases, however I still have yet to see how the server is after 6 hours.
    For the moment, we are still whitelisted and approved to run a public hive DayZ server, and I doubt that will change, if this fails and shit hits the fan, we can always go back to our public hive files, which I have made sure are readily available. Consider this an experiment for now, and enjoy!

• Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sweaty Sweaty x 1
    • List
  2. This seems fantastic, let's hope it all works out well!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dayz private hive

2. dayz what does private hive mean

3. what does private hive mean

4. what does private hive mean in dayz,
  5. dayz private hive meaning,
  6. what does private hive mean dayz,
  7. dayz private hive setup,
  8. private hive dayz,
  9. dayz private hive files,
  10. dayz private hive server setup