DayZ

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Deleted member 2190, 17 Jun 2012.

1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Blame me. I pointed out it was daylight.

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Decided to finally try this out, experience so far is getting stuck in a building you went into looking for loot for only every zombie in the block to suddenly decide they want to walk around outside the doors, it goes quiet eventually so decide to adventure out and try another building, only for it to fucking happen all over again, so fuck that made a runner ended with a final haul of only my fucking starting flashlight and basically the only useful item in my bag is a fucking jerrycan, well those two hours were fucking amazing.

Glad I didn't buy the base games for this shit.

3. It seems as if everyone has like a really bad time when they play it the first time. I think it's a mod that takes some time to learn, and the process of learning it can be quite painfull.

4. Wouldn't call it learning, rather compensating for a massive number of bugs and quirks, and overcoming some of the least intuitive game design imaginable

5. Geit Coding wizard!

Eventually, the quirks are what make it so damn fun.

6. Sort of agree, the unpredictability does help with realism even if it is retarded

7. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I just found it fucking boring, if a game makes me that bored after 2 hours in something is wrong.

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  8. Almost everyone I know struggled for the first few hours for reasons mentioned already. Find an online map, head to Cherno or Electro, and loot. Crawl everywhere and don't attract zombies. You make a lot of noise walking around on wooden floors in buildings. When Lewy and I first picked it up months ago, we looted Cherno for 2 hours and then were immediately shot dead by bandits on the way out. Spuds and I looted Cherno and accidentally attracted a horde which broke Spuds' leg and killed him right there. It's almost certainly an extremely slow experience which can fuck up suddenly and if that sounds like wasted time to you then perhaps it isn't for you after all.

Finding friends to play with is usually more enjoyable too. Or playing on well populated servers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

how do i into instant gratification

10. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

don't get attached to anything

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. I need to install this again soon.

12. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

* [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

Yes please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  13. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I gave it another try yesterday, though only on a regular server and it was a bit less of a mental suicide, I even found ammo and some food (still no weapons). On the other hand I was shaking from pain/blood loss the whole time so it was somewhat disturbing.

14. To revive this thread - you never know what might happen. I found a fully functioining helicopter on a random server and decided to give it to some randomers. He takes off and starts fucking typing in mid-flight and before I even have a chance to eject we nosedive and burn a forest down. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life, was fucking comical.

15. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Sort of reminds me of that guy we picked up with the bus but only to find out later he was part of a group that tried to rob us. So we killed off everyone except him (as he had no gun), shot him in the leg and bandaged him up and just left him there.

16. Those were the days!

17. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Or that guy at the helicopter, some random dude called Alex ran up to us with no weapons while we were refueling the helicopter and (I forgot who) shot him in defense but we patched him up and I watched him while we got ready. I eventually killed him because he wouldn't look or pickup the fucking morphine

18. It was like pointing at something to show a dog something and they just stare at your finger. The guy refused to look around to the Morphine.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)