Enable halloween mode in the Orange server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brick Top, 16 Aug 2015.

1. Brick Top Server Admin

There are a lot of goofy Halloween-only items that people like to wear and play around with usually. I find it strange to see that this server is not already on holiday mode, seeing as most of the other servers similar to ours are.

There is nothing to lose, and there are a few hats to gain!

The console command for it is, if I remember correctly tf_forced_holiday 2 for Halloween mode.

Would be lovely!

2. I will enable it on the console, but Gaw/Dark would need to add it to the config so it enables automatically on server restart, I see no problem with it and see it as a good thing but it's going to be a managers call if it's going to be a permanent thing or not.

3. Brick Top Server Admin

4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Doesn't this also mean the health pick-ups and all will change? Not that that is a big deal (though I do prefer the original ones), but I'm just wondering. :P

5. Brick Top Server Admin

I believe that they turn chocolate-y

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

There are fun positives:
    • Can equip all the awesome halloween cosmetics
    • Managers can spawn HHH and MONOCULUS
    But many serious consequences:
    • All health pickups are changed into chocolate (small), pumpkin pie (medium) and chef excellence special gravy (large)
    • Taunts will behave differently (thriller override, lunchbox taunt useless)
    • Many bugs and exploits (you can force a player to be trapped into the conga taunt forever)

I am strongly against using the command due to the consequences, and I'm presuming many others will feel the same. But there may be a (working) mod available that just enables the cosmetics etc which is a good idea.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Brick Top Server Admin

I'm not sure that the taunts and health pickups are serious consequences.

The bugs are, though. But I don't think there are a serious problem seeing many semi-serious servers with halloween enabled, such as skial servers.

Although, now that I recall, they may have only cosmetics on... so there must be a mod for that. I'm not sure about it though.

8. Wow, had no idea it has so many bugs/problems.

9. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Would the negatives really push away the positives? I can see more gains interms of attracting people then losing them, is the orange server really competitive enough for people to care about those exploits?

10. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

With all due respect, even if these exploits don't cause any problems with the flow or style of the game, the server rules still stipulate a no tolerance policy for any such abuse of glitches...

11. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

seeing what happens in orange regarding resizing etc i dont think the bugs etc would be much different. id like using my haloween items since i can get some fun combos with items. and to have jack spawn a mini HHH would be amazing.

12. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Getting stuck in conga sounds pretty funny. Would be fitting in the orange server.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)