Euro 2012

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bulletproof, 16 Jun 2012.

1. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are everyone's thoughts on the England vs Ukraine game on the 19th?

2. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Well with the momentum from the Sweden game, I'm hoping we can now pull off a victory, however Ukraine are going to be tough no doubt about it.

3. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Hopefully Ukraine beat them, the FA finally see sense and youth football in England can reform. Probably not though.

4. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

France were better than us, but we played like Chelsea and scabbed a draw.

Sweden were better than us, but we somehow managed to get the win (not to mention Welbeck's mis-control ending up in the back of the net).

It's nice to see us getting the results, however we've been outperformed in both matches so far and we're playing a pretty uninteresting brand of football under Roy.

Don't know if it's just my support for England which is dwindling, but in the two matches so far, i've felt like a neutral spectator rather than an England fan. At the start of the tournament, I chose Germany to win and on what i've seen so far, i'm sticking.

5. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm for France and Russia :P

6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

... Wow... I'm the coach of the English football team?

On second thoughts, I'd rather not be.

Where can I get a name change?

But yeah, 't was one of the more exciting matches (England versus Sweden), but still.

7. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

Can't wait for England to go out <3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Football...

[​IMG]

England are going out in the quarter finals. End of.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

England are going out on the 19th

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  10. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Even better!

11. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Was thinking of making a thread like this but was unsure if it would get a similar reaction to the one when I posted about fifa :P

England, no offence, but you struggled for a win against Sweden, you're going out as soon as you face a proper team. Joe Hart is a very good keeper, he was the only one stopping a 3-1 loss when you played France.

Can't really say much for Ireland's performance. We were terrible. Get Trapattoni the hell out of there. Stephen Ward is terrible. Ledger is terrible.

I personally think either France or Germany will win, but I am supporting France, since (technically) my country didn't even qualify for the Euro's (Gaw will support this). I am not truly Irish.

I've always liked Spain and their players. I learn Spanish at school and my fifa ultimate team has 90% of the Spanish National Team, however Torres is up front, therefore they've no chance. They could learn a thing or two from my ultimate team and put Llorente, Negredo or Soldado up there :P

12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Because the game FIFA is an accurate representation of reality, right? :P

13. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Torres scored a brace and was the best player on the pitch against Republic, so I don't see how you can still say that.

14. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Look at the players that play for us, and the goals scored. Then look at the way he played against Italy. I think Llorente would be the better option still.

@Rossy, you're a fool if you want rid of Trap, it was a minor miracle even getting that squad to the Euros. They're just not talented enough. Best fans, worst squad.

15. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

I was under the impression before day 1 that Netherlands would win
    Now, I seriously don't know.
    It'll probably be Germany, but they've only really had tight victories (play wise, not score)
    Spain will go to the semis, I don't what'll happen then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  16. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Only Irish fans can still cheer when they're losing 4-0 :P :patriot:

17. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Did you see his miss against Italy where he tried to chip the keeper..? All he had to do was jew it across to Jesus Navas and it was a win.. I could have done better than him..

Against Republic, he ran past Ward (who I've said is shit) and hit it high into the net. Easily saveable for Shea Given, who I will also admit is shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  18. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

I honestly think this tournament is taking the piss
    Greece go through
    Holland losing , twice
    England have won a Game with a shit team
    Spain are only Barely doing well
    Croatia beat Ireland (lol)
    the only sensible scores are Germanys

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  19. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Really last time I checked we have a pretty damn solid team, sure I don't think England are gonna win but they have a very good team in my eyes. Hart , Cole, Gerrard, Parker we also have a few up and coming players in Welback and Alex- the Ox and so I feel our team is actually quite good, we'll get semis, but that's the best we'll do.

20. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Look at Van Persie against Denmark, does that make him a bad player? No, he's still arguably the best striker, or at least one of the best strikers, in the world at the moment.

Against Italy, Spain didn't even start a forward. They played some abstract tactic with 6 midfielders. Torres came off the bench in to a game where Spain's tactics didn't involve an out and out front man, which Torres is. Don't get me wrong, i'm not even that big of a shipper for Torres, but he slowly regained his form over the very back end of last season and when started against Republic, showed why he warranted being in that starting line up.

This, Rossy. Republic aren't good enough to compete at this level at the moment. It's not poor squad choice, who can you pick over Ward or St Ledger that'll magically make the team competitive at this level? There isn't anyone.

- - -

I'm not sure who deserved to win out of Russia and Greece, but on the face of it, the result seems extremely harsh to me.

Russia have played entertaining, free flowing football in their first two matches, comfortably beating the group winner Czechs and possibly deserving the win against Poland, only to be pegged back by the best goal of the tournament so far. On the other hand, Greece were extremely poor in both of their opening matches and from the sounds of it, the match was all Russia before Greece grabbed the goal.

This is why i'm not a big fan of 4-man groups with each team playing 3 games, sometimes team can scab through without deserving it, although at the same time, 6 games for each team would be too excessive.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)