Fallout Pen and Paper attempt 101

Discussion in 'Pen & Paper RPGs' started by Hooch, 24 Jun 2015.

1. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Ok, over the last couple of years there have been numerous attempts at starting a pen and paper. Most of these ended before they started because people either didn't have the time or were unfamiliar with the universe (and didn't feel like reading 30+ pages). A little while ago @Falsey tried to revive it aswel but that seems to have died down too but i refuse to give up on this and here we go with another attempt of revival.

For the game itself i'd suggest the Fallout series because it is a reasonably well known universe.
    For the GM i'd like to ask @HellJack because he volunteerd to be GM in the deadlands PnP and knows alot about the fallout universe. If anyone else wants to take up this job, feel free to make a little post.
    We could either use roll20.net or Tabletop Simulator to give a visual representation of what's going on though Roll20 is free to use and people might need to buy Tabletop Simulator.

After a bit of googling i have found an online version of a Fallout Pen and Paper game: http://falloutpnp.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    so we could use this to make characters, do combat and everything else.

I have no idea how long a PnP game usually lasts but i think if we can do a 2-3 hour session a week (maybe even spread out over the week) we can be done before the summer holiday ends. We should probably also limit the amount to 4 players and the GM

-edit: forgot to place this in the pen and paper section. Thanks.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2015
  2. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

I would be up for this, for sure.

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Let me ponder on this.

4. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Count me in

5. i will b e the attend

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

im looking at roll20 trying to keep my brain from melting although some assets are paid only :(

7. I'd possibly join, but would probably need some form of basic guidance - I'm free most days apart from tomorrow night and when we go to the meet up!

8. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I'm in if there's still a spot, I'm free on weekdays from like 6pm cet and almost all day on weekends.

9. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Alright. If I were to run it Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays are out of the question. Work calls those days.

I would prefer either a Wednesday or Friday game day.

10. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Does this mean you'd be willing to GM this little adventure?

11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, I do love me a good game.

And I've not had a chance to torture Characters in a long time.

Give me a chance to go over the source material and get a few ideas.

12. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I think im too stupid to join.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I'm in and, if this finally happens, I shall name my first child Hoohack in both your honors

14. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Man, she's gonna be confused growing up.

15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

16. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

This version looks better than the one i have in the intro post. It features some extra's like a nice little map so you know where all the places are with a small description of every place to find out what sort of place you are walking into.

Maybe i'm rushing into things now but i'd rather not see another attempt fall into the abyss. I'd like to propose that we use the PnP Adventure guide that Helljack has supplied in the post above.
    Also as i've said in my first post, i think it would be wise to limit this game at 4 players and the GM but if anyone else thinks it should be more players or less, please say so.
    Because there are a decent number of people willing to play this i think it would be fair to select players on a first come, first serve basis. Meaning that if we do play with 4 players and 1 GM, the players will be: Hooch - Arrk - Spuds - Lewy.
    If we can get these things sorted (which PnP adventure guide and how many players) then the players can atleast start creating a character while the adventure is being prepared.

17. I have created my character, worked out all my SPECIAL's, Skills, Starting HP, APR etc and also wrote out my backstory and everything else needed.

Need to speak to HellJack about starting items according to the manual, so whenever you're free @HellJack

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fallout pen and paper