Genre thread: Hip-hop

Discussion in 'Music' started by Subv, 26 Jun 2015.

1. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

fire

2. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

@DanCousins found this after digging around for some grime, pretty gud

3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

really diggin this noise hip hop, CLPPNG was a real good album i'd recommend everyone to listen to if you like noise music/generally experimental hip-hop.

also if anyone likes this check out death grips, way harsher, but probably the best industrial/noise hip hop producers out there

4. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Pretty old but one of my favourite songs to this day

Also different to some of the absolute shit being posted in here

5. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

6. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

>liking hopsin
    >claiming others opinions are shit

that made my fucking day lmao.

hopsin can kinda spit bars but thats where his talent ends.

7. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

I didn't claim anyone's opinion was shit, I said it was different to what I perceive to be shit. Hopsin's lyrics are incredible and as you say, his rapping itself is very good.

It's always very amusing to see how quickly people go full tumblr on you when you even so much as imply you're not a fan of Kanye West.

Try again, but without the meme arrows. Maybe mention how music is subjective or smth

8. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

music is odd, because it's both subjective and objective, people like different stuff, that's obvious, but there is a lot of subjectivity in regards to skill and production and the like.

besides, hopsins lyrics are not 'incredible' at all, his massive inconsistency in his songs aside (wtf was even nocturnal rainbow), his songs are absolutely packed with cringey corny lines, and most of the points he raises in his songs, might be good points, but he's so damn preachy, he got a huge 'holier-than-thou' attitude, esp on 'ill mind of hopsin 5'

and thats not even mentioning the fact that his songs are filled with disses on other, popular, better rappers, just for the sake of attention and edginess.

also, about the rapping itself, yeah he has potential, but he tries so hard to be old eminem, it's the worst.

not to mention he's a huge hypocrite, he talks about everyone dropping out of school when he quit high school himself, blamed tyler about doing stupid gimmicks, when he wears contact lenses as a stupid gimmick.

hopsin is just the model boy of backpackers everywhere

enjoy him if you want, but there's a reason why everyone hates him.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2015
  9. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Have you met rossy before?

He's better at being a wanker online than I am.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  10. :downswords:

:dogout:

>my sides
    >are
    >in
    >orbit

You'll always be the biggest wanker in my heart :eng101:

11. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)