GM Modpack Ideas

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Mysteryem, 3 Sep 2015.

?

Do you want to see these mods in the pack? Pick yes/no or leave blank for "don't mind"

Poll closed 26 Nov 2015.
  1. (select this so I can easily tell how many people have voted)

87.5%
  2. Obsidiplates: Yes

37.5%
  3. Obsidiplates: No

25.0%
  4. Morph: Yes

50.0%
  5. Morph: No

37.5%
  6. Cyano's Lootable Bodies: Yes

62.5%
  7. Cyano's Lootable Bodies: No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Portal Gun: Yes

25.0%
  9. Portal Gun: No

37.5%
  10. Gravity Gun: Yes

37.5%
  11. Gravity Gun: No

25.0%
  12. Sync: Yes

50.0%
  13. Sync: No

12.5%
  14. Chromaticraft: Yes

25.0%
  15. Chromaticraft: No

25.0%
  16. Project E: Yes

25.0%
  17. Project E: No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Nether Ores: Yes

62.5%
  19. Nether Ores: No

25.0%
  20. Mo'Creatures: Yes

50.0%
  21. Mo'Creatures: No

25.0%
  22. AOBD: Berry Bushes: Yes

50.0%
  23. AOBD: Berry Bushes: No

25.0%
  24. Iron Backpacks: Yes

62.5%
  25. Iron Backpacks: No

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Oh, that reminds me of Wild Caves 3, the mod that generates stalagmites and stalactites and more in caves.

If you've got two or three mods that you really want to see in the pack, let me know which ones they are.

2. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Didn't we have a previous version on a server at some point? I remember them. For me personally I don't really "need" it. I like it when theres more to explore as with the Elemental Caves.

I would really like a backpack mod either it being Iron backpacks or a different one. The fossil thing seemed like a nice new thing to try. Get me a t-rex and order it to eat all you shits!!!!!

I would really like to have Biomes o plenty, natura, decocraft.

3. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

We'll make our own ARK:Survival Evolved, but with blackjack and hookers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I would rather we not include this.

Have of my fun is seeing the sights, even at night.

6. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

7. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ah. Id rather have biomes o plenty then. Didnt care much for the other cave thing.

8. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

New Poll for core/standalone tech mods is up. This is all I can think of and may have forgotten some. I've not included ComputerCraft, Project Red or similar mods on this list as they mostly deal with interacting with other mods, which can be tech or magic focussed or they focus on primarily only one thing unrelated to technology, such as Applied Energistics 2 being for storage.

Here's a short spiel on each mod mentioned:

• Big Reactors adds large multiblock reactors and turbines for producing late-game power
    • Factorization adds ore processing up to ~3 ingots per ore, a power system revolving around Electric Charge and other items/blocks to do with storage, crafting and modular armour
    • Mekanism is in my opinion on par with the likes of Ender IO/Thermal Expansion/IC2, it adds its own set of machines and pipes/tubes for power generation, mining, item/fluid/energy transfer, jetpacks, ore processing and more
    • IC2 provides similar features to Mekanism/Ender IO/Thermal Expansion. A lot of the artificial difficulty that IC2 had has been removed since IC2 was last a big thing
    • GregTech, that controversial mod, sort of an extension to/overhaul of IC2, big recipes with tons of steps and various unforgiving features, there's a lot to the mod. We would need to decide what difficulty settings to use if this was included
    • Electrical Age focusses on providing a more realistic interpretation of electricity to power machines, lighting and more. As a group, this is a mod we've not used much before.
    • RotaryCraft is another mod that tries to bring more realism to the world of tech mods, this time focussing on engines transmitting power through shafts and gearboxes. I see this mod used a fair amount by people online, though I don't think we've ever run a pack containing it
    • Thermal Expansion + Thermal Dynamics, one of the bigger tech mods in terms of popularity, it often forms the basis for other mods
    • Minefactory Reloaded, adds a bunch of machines that can run off of different mods' power systems, the machines vary in use significantly
    • Buildcraft, another mod of old, as with IC2, it too has removed some of the artificial difficulty (as well as server breaking aspects), it provides a bunch of machines as well as pipes for item/liquid/energy transfer
    • Railcraft doesn't add as much as most of the other mods listed, but it expands on an area which doesn't see many mods, minecarts. It's definitely usable in place of pipes/tubes for item/liquid/energy transfer
    • Draconic Evolution, a fairly new mod that made its big debut in the Infinity modpack, it provides a few useful blocks and multi-block structures as well as RF powered tools and armour
    • Matter Overdrive, inspired by the technology from Star Trek, such as transporters, replicators and phasers and gravitational anomalies that put Thaumcraft Hungry Nodes to shame
    • Ender IO, to me, Ender IO always seemed like the underdog to Thermal Expansion, pushing huge amounts of utility and control with its machines and pipes. Today, it's one of the most feature rich tech mods out there
    • MineChem, a mod that explores chemistry and some basic physics, allowing you to decompose materials into compounds and elements and re-assemble them how you choose. I don't think this mod has been in a pack we've used before
    • Immersive Engineering, another mod which has recently come into the limelight, it focusses on taking machines that are often single blocks in size and expanding them out into multiblock structures, allowing you to create big factory lines of machinery that are both functional and look good
    • Forestry, another old mod that we've seen plenty of, bees, trees and farms are the main things here

It looks like you don't want any balancing done. The two things I'll still be doing are removing instances whereby two mods add the same thing (this is usually only where multiple mods add the same ores, we only need one set to generate) or disabling things that aren't meant to be spawning in other dimensions (e.g. clouds and stone brick castles everywhere in the end).

9. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

You should be slapped for suggesting gregtech.

10. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Excited for this. Looks like some fun new mods to try :)

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Babbie????? Is it really you???

12. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

COFFEE YOU'RE ALIVE

13. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Ok, so an important question and that is, do we want the Underground Biomes mod?

It introduces 24 new stone blocks to the world, creating terrain like
    which also works with the Cave Biomes mod to add matching stone details, such as stalactites, to the caves:[​IMG]
    Another feature is that ores generated can have their background blocks match the stone around them, this feature is available for most mod ores in the pack, though there are a few that would need support added (mining these ore blocks drops what you would expect to get if you were mining the ore normally, so you cannot silk touch the ores to get ores with different backgrounds.

The question is, do we want our caves to generate with all these different stone blocks? (they're all usable in crafting recipes that require stone so that's not a problem)

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  14. Ha, no votes for IC2 + Gregtech, fuck you Greg and your shitty mod.

15. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

16. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Daww :3 Yup, been busy, but checking in here and there.

@Mysteryem I quite like having lots of building mats to choose from, and underground stone adds some early game variety. I'd be happy to see the extra stone blocks.

17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Quick question:

Do any of these mods contain the "microblock" additions?

I absolutely loved adding trim and checkered floors to my various builds.

18. Have to agree with this - theres only so much detailing you can do with regular blocks

19. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

We will have Carpenter's Blocks and Forge Microblocks (I'll need to add support for the mods that don't support it, but it shouldn't be too time consuming).

20. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

When do you want all of this up and running?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)