[GM] Specific Meme - So you're curious about our group, huh?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HellJack, 22 Apr 2012.

1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hi there. I'm HellJack, and at the time of this thread I'm one of the GamingMasters Managers.

We're a fairly diverse, friendly, and outgoing group of folks. And, to a newcomer, it may all seem a bit overwhelming.

So in this thread we'll go over a few of our more standard, [GM] specific eccentricities to help you better acclimate with the crew around here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Douglas

Example: "Oh my god, Luna. You are such a Douglas!"

Meaning: A person of average intelligence and social grace who errs in a spectacular fashion. Also, a person of lower than average intelligence and diminished social grace who reminds you of their limited abilities.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It fell over

Example: "What happened to the server? Did it crash?" "No, it just fell over."

Meaning: Something that has just suddenly stopped working, originating from a situation where one of our Members received a call that his dedicated server had "fallen over" on the rack and, as such, stopped working. It had physically been knocked over, and the term sort of stuck with us.
    Baby Image
    cutebaby.jpg
    Meaning: Originally posted by The MC, this image can be found in most threads. It usually signifies when people start to cry, whine, or fuss...like a baby. This toddler is the epitome of "U Mad?" It can also sometimes signify the end of a thread.

Fwoof

Example: "Blue, why didn't you pop that uber?" "Fwoof"

Meaning: Bluepanther, despite having a wild cat incorporated in his name, is actually a dog. "Fwoof" is a common form of communication that is used when dealing with Bluepanther.
    Elevators

Example: "What the hell are we missing?" "Needs more elevators!"

Meaning: Originated from the epic Prophunt map "PH_Town", where various members of the [GM] community added to the map. Our own Luna made a lovely tower hosting the worlds WORST batch of elevators. So broken were these elevators that we still reference them today. These days, when someone requests "elevators" be added, they are either specifically looking to break whatever you are making, or stating that what they have done is so bad that even broken elevators can't make it worse.
    Gravy

Example: "How the hell did you get him to agree to that?" "Got some of Lunas Gravy. Did a proper job, it did."

Meaning: Again, our own Luna has a...way with people. This way involves gravy with copious amounts of Rohypnol. Now when "gravy" is suggested, it is meant that subversive means are being suggested.

The Plan

Example: "Luna. Initiate. The Plan." "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Meaning: On a much earlier Minecraft map, "The Plan" was a prearranged action suggested to an Admin to cover the entire spawn area with lava. Only the sky limit layer of air would be turned in to lava, so the red goo slowly descended over spawn, eventually creating a cube of lava over spawn and nearly always crashing the server as it descends.

Now a days, when someone suggested "The Plan", it's being suggested to enact something designed that will destroy...well, everything. If you hear someone ask to initiate "The Plan", just run. Run far and fast. Something bad is about to happen.

Jib-Jib-Jib

Example: "So, you got the lobby up yet? It's been :15 minutes" "JIB-JIB-JIB NO!"

Meaning: A sputtering sound made when Gaw get's frustrated. Other people use it to indicate they to are frustrated about something.
    Roses

Example: "Server seems a bit laggy today" "Too many roses!"

Meaning: Again, our lass Luna had a tendency to lag out our Minecraft server by turning all the Air Blocks in a 5000 block radius into Roses. So now, whenever there is a problem with something not working as well as it should, it's because there are too many Roses clogging it up.
    Ravine (pronounced Rah-Vine)

Example: "Oh, this is a cool area." "Does it have a rah-vine?"

Meaning: [GM] Member Cactus has many, many mangled words in his vocabulary. His pronunciation of "Ravine" is the most widely used, and we've adopted it as our very own.
    De wha?

Example: "Yeah so let's go do that thing we talked about!" "De wha?"

Meaning: This is from the Vincent prank call, which can be found here. Our good friend Vincent, says 'De wha?' in place of 'what?' and GM has adopted this.
    Degroot Kill Humiliation

Meaning: [GM] Member HellJack will often use his Admin access to play "the song of his people" whenever he actually manages to kill someone in a game of Team Fortress 2.

He does this because 1) He's absolute crap at the game, and 2) if he manages a kill on a pro player, it's cause to celebrate.

Others have adopted the term "NEEDS MOAR BAGPIPES!" to signify the desire to have this song played.
    I Blame Nekot/Goat

Example: "Ok, now what the hell is going on here?" "I Blame Goat!"

Meaning: "I Blame Nekot" is a very, very old saying from back when our Dustbowl server was populated by Players such as Disco Indigo and Pissmidget. Nekot was a regular at the time, wasn't very talkative, and was typically blamed for bringing the entire team to failure.

"I Blame Goat" is not a direct evolution from "I Blame Nekot", used instead to signify the point where Community Member 'Geit' (or Goat in Icelandic) has broken something.

Still used today, when something isn't working and there is no known reason behind it.
    The Many Faces of Hellreaver

Example: "Shut it, Hellbeiber!" "WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING, RELLHEAVER?!?"

Meaning: Clan Member Hellreaver is famous (or infamous, take your pick) at causing such mayhem, confusion, and general feelings of unrest to those around him at any given time that it is common to mispronounce his name when attempting to address the root of the problem.

This continued butchering of Hellreavers name has taken on a life of it's own, and is now recognized as a meme unto itself.

Thank you Bam

Example: "I wish I can celebrate Christmas Fuck you guys" "Thank you Bam"

Meaning: guys come on its going to get cold

What else do we have, folks?

Last edited: 19 Dec 2014
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Dewha?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hmpf. I'm insulted. :P

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

And that is?

5. A Vincent quote from our best prank call ever

Gaw is currently making a new youtube video of it after the original was taken down for being too racist :V

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've almost finished transcribing the first Vincent call. I'll upload it to YouTube, and then put in an explanation of 'De wha?' here too :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  7. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Fwoof.

8. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

PETAR FOREMAN.

I CAN'T SEE THE WURDZ PETAR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Needs more elevators.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. - Roses
    - Gravy
    - Mah moles
    - "Herp-a-derp I'm a chicken, herp-a-derp LAVA"
    - "Server crash"

Just a few more that sprang to mind

11. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

The Plan

12. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

needs more jibjibjib / djibdjibdjib / other form of jib

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  13. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

I blame Goat. Unless it's defunct.

14. Cactus The key is to never give up

-I really need the toilet.
    -Ravine
    -derpderpderpfinland (?)
    -bobobobobobobobobobo

15. loll Master Exploder

needs BridgeWars.
    also Jack's degroot music humiliation.

EDIT:
    Forgot this:
    [​IMG]

16. Chef's excellent guarantee: "it's safe I guarantee it"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Zetsumei Spaceman

Wow this is so helpful for n00bs like me who have been blaging it

18. Just realised how many of these things are to do with Chefpex!!! A legend of GM in memes...

19. I need to be manager of GM..... memes.

20. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chef excellence gif

2. what the heck is nekot

3. so youre a meme

4. so youre 18 now meme