Hacked weapons

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Geit, 20 Aug 2012.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

Hackers are a rampant problem in DayZ, and the affects they have on the gameplay are far-reaching. Hacked weapons can be found by perfectly legitimate players, usually giving them an unfair advantage without actually being detected for using a hack. These weapons can also come from other servers where hacked tents are part of the game. The BattlEye team will not globally ban you for using a hacked weapon, however they are seriously detrimental to gameplay and as such, they will result in you being kicked and banned from the GM server for the period of 1 day if the player refuses to safely destory the weapon.

Detection takes place when you join the server, and requires a manual log review. If the player is on the server, they will be sent a message asking them to destroy the weapon, should they be redetected at a later date with the same hacked weapon, they will be banned for a day (provided they have been given the warning). If a player is not on the server when the review takes place, no action will be taken, although a note of the infraction will be made for future reference.

I'm hoping that this system/solution will help deter people from using obviously hacked weapons, resulting in a fairer game for everyone, if you have any suggestions to make or feedback to give, please feel free to do so!

Banned Weapons:
    • BAF_AS50_TWS
    • UZI_SD_EP1
    Current offenders list:
    • Sawyerka - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • [W.F] Gilly - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • [W.F] Graph - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • Someone - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • [Ping4^win]NONAME - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • Miguel Self - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • eggmundo - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • [GM] Gaw - AS50 TWS (Warned)
    • Eklips - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • FixHost - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • Dannysaysnoo - AS50 TWS and UZI_SD_EP1 (Warned)
    • George Smith - AS50 TWS (Not warned)
    • dillion - AS50 TWS (Warned)
    • [CRP] Heeckz - AS50 TWS (Not warned) - Banned: Tried to spawn an ATV
    • DesTRo - AS50 TWS (Not warned) - Banned: Tried to spawn a helicopter
    • dEnzo - AS50 TWS (Not warned) - Banned: Tried to spawn a helicopter

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

how do I destory a weapon

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Place it on a zombie corpse and hide the body or just drop it somewhere it's not likely to be found and leave it.

4. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

:eng99:

5. This is good - I like this!

Hopefully in the future we can block out tent dupes or something too.

Good job Geit! :D

6. Geit Coding wizard!

Okay scratch that plan... It is massively difficult to review all the logs for player inventories manually on a regular basis, so the warning system goes right out the door. I will look into other solutions over the coming days. I'm hoping that all the hacked TWS guns won't be a massive problem until then.

I'll post in here again when I have something to show, however the details in the OP are pretty moot at this point.

On a more positive note: 6 7 hackers have been banned today and we are now part of the BEC global banlist and the DayZ community banlist.

Ban list: http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/issues/list?can=1&q=rory&colspec=ID Type Status Priority Milestone Owner Summary&cells=tiles

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dayz hacked weapons list

2. dayz hacked weapons

3. weapon hacked

4. dayz weapon hack,
  5. weapons hacked,
  6. dayz weapons hack,
  7. dayz weapon spawn hack,
  8. dayz spawn hack,
  9. dayz as50 id,
  10. dayz hacked guns