HLStatsX Reset and Reform

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Geit, 27 Jul 2011.

?

Type of statistics reset? (see below for explanation)

1. Full Reset.

64.1%
  2. Partial Reset.

25.6%
  3. No Reset and No segregation.

10.3%
  1. Geit Coding wizard!

It has now been over a year since we last reset our statistics system. While leaving it intact and unmolested for this long does have its advantages - such as giving regular players a feeling of elation (i.e. Enlarging their e-penis) at their point count and displaying who has the most skill averaged over time it - it also has numerous disadvantages, the foremost of these being that the sheer difficulty required to get to a high ranking spot deters the amount of new players joining the servers, a serious problem.

Also, for the last year we have made no differentiation between our servers, if you were playing on Orange with a metric shit-ton of snipers on low-gravity you'd be ranked against the demo-spammers of Dustbowl and the other, more legitimate, servers. Not an ideal situation.

For these reasons we will be resetting the statistics system in the near future, attached to this thread is a poll for you to choose an option from, these options are as follows:
    • Full Reset - All players lose all their data and all events are purged.
    • Partial Reset - All players lose most of their data but maintain their global awards and ribbons.
    • No Reset - Fairly obvious, no reset, no changes to the stats sytem, we need to reset to perform any of the actions listed in this thread.
    In addition to this we will be segregating the servers into 3 different sections following the reset, which are defined below:
    • Normal TF2 - This category encompasses #2, #3, #4 and #6. These servers run "stock" TF2.
    • 'Fun' Servers - This is servers #1 and #7. These servers are not stock and should not be ranked with other servers.
    • TF2 Randomizer - This is a special section specifically for #8 and provides entirely segregated stats to players on this server.
    And finally we will be increasing the amount of points you get for each action on the server, this will be a uniform change across all actions and roles.

We hope these changes will better suit the majority of players on GM servers, if you have additional comments or feedback please feel free to post below.

2. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I am ok with this.

3. Riar Coffee..

Good idea, they need a reset =D

4. "Un-molested" - keep Apex away from it then...

5. :saddowns:

6. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

HLstatsX is shit and a waste of time, the only practical solution is to delete it.

7. Sounds good :)

8. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hit the full reset button, Boss Goat.

9. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well you dont actually give us an option , whatever . Just reset the damn thing if you're so obsessed with it.

10. Why is there no option for no reset? I think it's fine as it is

Make a new poll

11. Geit Coding wizard!

Because we can't perform the segregation without a reset... >.>

Poll reset anyway.

12. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Prop Hunt is not fun server?

13. PropHunt is completely separate from HLstatsX and runs on the PH stats system goat and I wrote from scratch

14. Definitely in favour of a full reset - I haven't played on GM servers all that much recently and I've never dropped below rank 25...that's just not right, I've not clocked THAT many hours to maintain a position.

Also, anything to knock CVM out of the top 10, damn medics... :V

15. Partial reset sounds good.

16. Knud Phat beats only

Partial reset is fine for me

17. Geit Coding wizard!

It has been done.

18. :smith:

19. Well played goat, you just had to pick "Reset/Clear All and Delete Players and Clans" and "All Games" so now we have no CS:S stats and cannot restore only them as you deleted all players.

20. Gaw discord is my friend now

The L4D2 stats were also reset may I add.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hlstatsx reset

2. reset hlstatsx

3. how to reset hlstatsx

4. hlstatsx delete player,
  5. hlstatsx reset rank,
  6. hlstatsx reset stats,
  7. hlstatsx /top15,
  8. hlstatsx top15,
  9. reset rank hlstatsx,
  10. how to reset hlx stats