How to make a PropHunt Map.

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 24 Aug 2009.

1. And @Shinkz - so there's a chance that this is causing the map to not work? I don't see how.

2. Oh I didn't mean that. It shouldn't effect the map working at all. What I mean is it might clip through the ground that's all. Some props have odd positioning with the scout modal. The shovel for example drops 75% of the prop into the ground which makes it nearly impossible to find.

3. So to Geit/Darkimmortal, any help on this issue? I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

4. Geit Coding wizard!

PM me a copy of the map and I'll take a look at it.

5. In the course of my official ph conversion of Persia , there are still a few things quite obscure to me :

How should the spawn config work ? So far I've a vanilla one, with spawnrooms, spawn entites, vizualizers, and team filtered spawn doors. What should I get rid off, what shoud I change ?

I've replace my logi_koth with logic_arena and will cut of any logical input to the cap point base, but I've still a tcp_master and such things ? What should I do ?
    Are there events that can be triggered by ph mode such as team victory ? I would like to fire my laser in the same way it does on koth mode.
    Are the team swappable ? Red and blue zones are dissymetrc and both could be played by props ? What kind of skins are applied to players props, some of my custom models feature 2 or more skins.

That should be it.

6. Geit Coding wizard!

Spawns can be how ever you like as the plugin will remove anything it doesn't like (Visualizers, Respawn cabinets etc) - the only thing you must do is unrestrict the team specific doors/remove them. Oh and the BLUE team shouldn't be able to see much of the map, in case they see a prop going to their hiding place.

the only gamemode ent should be the logic_arena in case the engine decides you are trying to do a multi-gamemode mix.
    If you need an event to be fired then you need to ask dark to add support specific to your map, it's a five minute job and he should do it without too much objection. :P

Blue only ever plays Hunters, Red only ever plays Props. - If you want random skins on props, ask dark and he'll fix it up for you.

7. So there is no way to let props start on the blue side, I guess.

The only event that would be of interest would be something like OnTeam1Win and something like that. Another possibility would be to fire the laser at random intervals, just for the fun of it. What's the timer for a typical prop hunt round ?

8. - The round length is set in the individual map config.
    - You could probably do the random intervals in the map itself, Geit probably knows more that me in that case :P
    - For team win events, a team_control_point_master with the OnWonByTeam1/2 events should suffice, as long as arena mode passes through the BLU victories by deaths (RED victories are done by SetWinner on team_control_point_master).

9. The mod itself does the setting on the tf_cp entity ?
    Well, I just have to plug the supposed event, you'll tell me what happen.

The big issue is finding (if it needs to be found) the cause of the ph_persia crashes.

10. As far as ive understodd, if the map is laggy then you add hint brushes right?
    If yes how should they be placed?

11. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Trying to convert a Koth map to PH : The Map
    But when I try and open the file that has been downloaded after extracting it, I get this : (see attachment)
    First time I've tried it so no idea why it is happening, what can I do to fix this?
    EDIT: Don't have SDK Base of Base 2007 installed yet, will see if this makes any difference

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

:wtc:

If you are trying to open a bsp in the sdk, you really should think twice before continuing

13. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

NO, when I downloaded the map, the .bsp is the only file I got through, then ,when I selected it, it automatically opened with that, I had done nothing before hand but am now trying it on my desktop to see if it is just my laptop that is screwed
    What program then should I use to open the .bsp with?

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

:wtc:

You don't know what you are on about, you have obviously never used hammer before 'nor decompiled a map. You should stay away, mapping is not something you can learn overnight.

15. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Yes, you are quite right, I have never decompiled a map, I have used hammer before but only making a map from scratch and all I really wanted here was some one to tell me how to get this map open in hammer so that I can mess around and get the gist of it, eventually getting to the stage where I could make a map and earn my keep on PH. Sorry for wanting help, it is obvious that your version of help is, 'If you can't master it before even trying, you should not bother at all'

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

If you can't use google to search "decompiling maps", you are not deserving of help.

17. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I did not know what to do
    How the fuck am I meant to search for something, when I don't know what I want to find? I tried SDK tutorials but still had problems, that is the only reason I posted here, I'll know not to bother in the future

EDIT: sorted, thx Coffee

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Don't get smart with me boy :smug:

19. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Download link is down for the CP Prefab, needs fixing, and lol at the 404 page.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create prophunt map

2. prophunt ph_persia

3. prophunt proplist

4. whats a good prop hunt map