League of Legends Beginners Guide

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Michael Dangles, 19 May 2013.

1. I've noticed a lot of people in the community starting up playing League of Legends (LoL) and I couldn't see a thread that's aimed at helping out newbies to the game, so I thought I'd write a beginners guide that includes the "How To", the "What's This" and the "Where do I go from here?" as well as my own hints, tips, personal experience and guides I've found useful or think you guys would find useful. Simpy click on the Spoilers to read the section you're interested in. (Please bare in mind this is a WIP and will be updated over the forthcoming week/fortnight and will be updated regularly to coincide with LoL Itself, please send change requests or suggestions to GM/FB inbox).

Getting Started and Learning About Your Client

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Wizard Wizard x 9
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Champion Attributes, Roles and the Composition of a Team

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  3. POST RESERVED

4. POST RESERVED

5. POST RESERVED

6. POST RESERVED

7. POST RESERVED

8. POST RESERVED

9. POST RESERVED

10. POST RESERVED

11. POST RESERVED
    (Better safe than sorry. End of Spam.)

12. Great guide so far - especially helpful for the people within GM who have recently taken up League Of Legends!

Look forward to the rest of it son!

13. Cactus The key is to never give up

I'm actually looking to try it out again after I finish my exams (after the 19th of June, although maybe a few weeks later) and I found this quite helpful.

I have some questions about League of Legends though:

I believe in a team of 5 everyone takes an individual lane, and then 2 people do something else (1 is jungle, idk what the other is). I understand that these lanes are all different....
    How do you choose which lane you are meant to be in?
    Do you have to choose one and stick with it or can you change lane in different matches?

14. As such, you don't really choose. There are over 100 champions, and each of them are at their best when played in certain roles. There are usually five main roles on a team: solotop, mid, jungle, carry, and bot. You usually pick the first role of your choice and start playing it with champions adapted to that role, then move on to other roles (it's a very good idea to be able to play more than one role).

Yes, at the start of every game you are free to choose any champion you like. In-game, given the right circumstances, you can find people switching lanes as well.

15. I'll be putting in a gameplay section today probably that lists types of champions, roles and positions

16. Ravioli what?

We should also put up how to get a good build for what lane and for which champion. There are plenty of these websites (that shows good builds) that we could link here.

17. Yep. That's what the reserved posts are for.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Also, add Suñny as your referrer. Means you'll get nothing, and i'll get refer rewards. Also nice guide Ducker.

19. Fuckin hell Mike, how bored were you last night?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  20. Also Hellreaver, I just saw your sig thing, LOVE YOU

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.gamingmasters.org league-of-legends-beginners-guide

2. league of legends beginners guide

3. beginners guide to lol