Minecraft - GM collaborative build

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Mister Spuds, 19 Jun 2015.

1. i find the challenge of building big builds is finding ways to get to the places without flight,like making cool scaffolding or something. Also resource harvesting is easier than you'd think, me spuds jindo hooch and god have huge amounts after rejoining the server just yesterday

2. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

All I'm sayin' is, if we intend on building something HUGE instead of, well, playing the game, then I think creative would be the best.

3. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ask @Jindo . He does amazing big builds without creative in a short time.

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

That's the part of Minecraft I fucking love.

To me it feels like I've done something when I tear down an entire island, gathered all the resources, built dirt scaffolding to get to the high places, and made something impressive in pure Survival.

Hell, Mysteryem made a special group just for me so I could play in Survival but OP myself if something needed Managerial attention.

5. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

It's gonna take a long time to get all the gold i need to make my giant peenus.:effort:

6. Yeah I might hop on. It'd be good fun.

7. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Not to be rude, but who are you again? :S

8. Cactus The key is to never give up

From his post history:

Kendrubbin - who I believe was friends with Jindo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Using creative mode to build something completely takes away the achievement and wonder of something that you are building. It won't be nearly as fun and also the sense of achievement at the end wouldn't be as grand if you were using creative.

I also tend to notice that when people build in normal survival, buildings tend to look much more prettier and creative than when people use creative. Just something I've tended to notice.

Any ideas of what everyone wants to build? I've heard a fair amount of people on mumbles saying they want a city of sorts?

10. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Meh, as we've talked about, I prefer the building part of it, but I can understand, and I will cerainly still join in :)
    - Maybe we should consider doing it with a few mods enabled? Something like Tinkers construct, matallurgy (is that what it's called?) 4, that weird Chisel mod and extra ulitilies could be awsome! They all add some awesome (and useful) blocks you can build building around. As far as I know there should (?) be a few modpacks around with those mods in.
    On the other hand, mods also tend to take a whole lot more time, but maybe that is not a bad thing.

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

You guys just need to organize. Some like to build and other like to collect. Have people do both and keep up the demand of stuff needed for building.

12. Woops yeah, I haven't been on in ages. I used to play a lot with Jindo, and was more active on the TF2 servers under Funshine, Kendrubbin or KenOutOfTen.

Is the server whitelisted? :v

13. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

yes

14. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Right now 2 seperate areas are being constructed where we can do the collaborative build. This is slightly confusing to me, wasn't the original plan to have everyone build in 1 spot and make a city/town/whatever?
    I don't know which person to help and i don't want to start building at one place only to find out that we're going to be moving to the other. Can we please go a bit further into detail as to what we're doing and how we're going to continue?

15. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

also, to let some people know, we already started clearing out an area and gathering a lot of resources, we are @ 50 -250ish, it's close to spawn.

16. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Can I build a pedestal in my honor?

17. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Righto let's get down to it. I know everyone likes the idea of building together and all contributing towards one collective effort but I also get the feeling that people want some sort of guidance, with someone or a group of people with a leading idea who tell them what to do or atleast give them some sort of direction.

As much as I'd love this to be a group collective I can't help but notice that people are looking towards specific people in terms of what to do, so I'll proceed with this in mind.

As it currently stands there seems to be a lot of confusion with what is actually going on and where we are building. Even though people who are building in what Jindo has started out have said that it is perfectly fine to spread across different areas building towards the collaborative idea.

I'm just going to be straight about what I feel with this as something on such a scale really needs to be clear about what's going on to avoid problems/incidents in terms of construction. So with that being said I believe the area that I am currently in (an area that is generally flat at would be pretty nice to build in, as well as not having to worry about an ocean biome surrounding us) to be a good spot to start the main part of the collab build. It's gone a large area to build it with pretty much a consistent biome colour (I.E. green coloured grass and flatt land to build in) as well as some hills/mountain ranges to build in.

Now as far as building is concerned I really don't mind if people choose between the two building sites since we can always just join up the two, after all there shouldn't be a limit placed on what we can build; however we have people who have different building styles that conflict and as a result having two (or more) building sites solve this problem.

Having said this however I'd like to hear what others think. It's only been a day so it's extremely early on in building and it's bound to have some confusion in what needs to be done as we haven't actually done a whole lot of discussion so some people have taken charge and/or people look to others for direction.

So what do you guys think and more importantly what do those who are currently building in either the sites think?

18. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

I think it really should be about fun above all, the best way to do this is probably just let everyone build under a certain guideline(eg: build things that are appropriate to the city, build things that fit in, etc.)
    @Mister Spuds also if the areas aren't far it's not a problem to build a roadway to connect the two, if it is too far away the area that is more worked is probably better, terrain isn't a real problem because I think we agreed the city won't be square but it will fit to the area etc.

tl;dr: this shit is about fun.

19. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I wont be building in the area but maybe I can help sort some stuff out?

Maybe an idea to first choose a style that everybody is happy with. With having 2 building sites you can maybe even have 2 styles that then meet.

Give people objectives so that they know what to do. Have people collect and farm first so you wont be bothered by that mid build.

Once the style is chosen, map out what kind of buildings you want and where to build. Its easier then to assign people to certain buildings. Maybe even post signs at each building plot and let people pick.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2015
  20. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Ofcourse this project is about fun but the fun is severely diminished when the group is splitting into 2 and both sides are making their own version of the same build. I made my post to see if we can sort stuff out and bring back the 2 groups.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)