Movie Thread.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imFree, 4 Sep 2010.

1. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Mad Max is the most metal movie I've seen.

It's great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I need some good horror movie suggestions. I am a huge horror fan but it seems everything that has come out the last 2 or 3 years is kinda lame. I am not into gore horror like Saw. That stuff just bores me. I always did enjoy the original asian horror movies but I have seen most of them.

Help pls

3. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

One of my all time favourite horror movie is "Dead Silence" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455760/
    It is simple, it is kliche, and it uses horror techniques and plot that is easy to understand.... But it works!

Next up on my list is "The Mist" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/
    It has many of the same elements as dead silence, but the plot is just much greater in my oppinion. It does, however, come at the expense of not being as scary as dead silence imo.

If you do not care about the plot at all and want something that freaks you out after you have seen the movie then I can highly recommend "Mirrors" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790686/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Basically, a demon/monster/ghost/scary thing is trying to kill a family through mirros. It works very well, and I guarentee you will be scared of your mirrors after you have seen the movie. However, there are not very many "jump-scares", so this movie is not very likely to make you scream

Enjoy!

4. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

I watched The Babadook on Netflix recently, it's pretty mild but I enjoyed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

I liked It Follows, very spooky and they pulled it off with next to no jump scares.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Haha ive actually seen it already.. but thank you :)

Will have to look up it follows

7. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

totally agree about this one. It's very good movie and at the end of the film you be like "why has these happened?!". So yeah it's a great movie, not so much horror style but yeah totally worth watching

8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Haha omg noooooo. Ive actually seen all of them... I thought it was one of the worst movies ever.. :p

Thank you still for the suggestions :)

9. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

One of my all times favourites is "A nightmare on Elm Street", pretty decent for a low budget horror movie (and by that I mean the old one, not the one which has been in the cinemas recently)!

10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  11. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

12. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I remember you being a big horror fan, so I reckon you've probably already watched everything I've seen I'd recommend aha!

I would recommend a few horror-documentaries though, like actual documentaries that are incredibly creepy. Cropsey is p.gud and its sequel, Killer Legends (about the root of American urban legends) is qutie unnerving. The Nightmare, a documentary about sleep paralysis, is also really creepy.

13. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

in the last 3 days I saw: Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, Nightcrawler, and The Dictator.

Everything was pretty good.

14. Locust The Great Yeelord

Just got back from watching James Bond Spectre with mates and was absolutely brilliant. Ties up all of the previous films together, packed with all the typical 007 stuff we all know and love. Basically the new 007 was no disappointment :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Toast Originally Bread

Is V for Vendetta really that good, I've seen really good stuff about it, but haven't actually watched it.

Also some movies leave me blown away, but I cannot think of any to mention :saddowns:

16. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

well i think it was ok. I only watched it cause of the main guy. Well i liked the movie, you should give it a try

17. Trekkie "Be Gone Thot!"- GM Management Team 2k17

Oh wow... I love it

I just found this. I think I might cry, I loved the BFG

Why must they release the feels?

18. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Suicide squad was class. Shame joker didnt have more screen time :(

19. Cactus The key is to never give up

Just a heads up

I haven't seen Batman vs Superman (i'm about to watch it) but I believe the ending is spoilt in Suicide Squad (obviously I can't confirm that it is, because I haven't watched BvS).

20. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

good movies are dead

enjoy your yearly instalment of mass produced sequels and prequels and remakes

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)