need fone

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Humpers, 3 Sep 2017.

1. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Mid range.
    Mid price.
    Decent camera.
    Decent speaker.
    Comprehensive OS.

tyvm

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  2. Check this phone out: https://oneplus.net/uk/3t
    It's called the one plus 3t, and it is a couple of years old now, but it still comes with great specs. It's got 6GB of ram, a 3400 mAh battery, up to 128GB of storage and a 16mp camera. It runs Androids OxygenOS. It comes with a feature called dash charge that can charge it fully in 30mins which is pretty cool I guess.

Your other options would be to get a refurbished phone. These are often much cheaper and only have minor problems (usually a scratch or two). Here is a site for them: https://www.mobiles.co.uk/refurbished-mobile-phones

3. Price range?

4. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I'd go for one of the following
    Huawei P8/P9/P10
    Samsung Galaxy S series (remove all of samsungs built-in bullshit)
    OnePlus 3/3t (I own one and its really good)
    Sony Xperia Z/X series
    LG X

5. Brick Top Server Admin

LG V20, pretty big but great for the price it's at now. (bias: the one I have)

6. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Around £300 max, maybe a little bit more if it's a steal.
    Have been suggested so far the Huawei P9/P10 Lite versions, they look okay. Currently leaning towards an LG G5 but v early days as of yet.
    The OnePlus I've never thought were all that, the experience I've had with them suggested that they're slightly cheaper on build quality and I wasn't too keep on the software - but that was a long time ago.

7. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Honor P9

8. Used 100+ phones at work (for RS mobile)

• Pixel is leaps and bounds ahead of everything else, even though the hardware is now last gen
    • Huawei is cancer
    • Samsung is bloated and feels cheaper than it should but the hardware is good overall
    • oneplus is good (for midrange)
    • LG is absolute utter cancer with hilariously high failure rates
    • flagship Xperia good rest are cancer
    • Wileyfox and Moto G range best cheap phones
    • All other Chinese brands are cancer

Last edited: 7 Sep 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

just a question what do you think of Xiaomi? I know about 4 people with Xiaomi phones and they all seem very pleased with them especially for the price

10. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I'm on a Wileyfox Swift now and it has lasted me a decent amount of time but has gone to utter shit. Factory reset multiple times but I think it's just past it's expiry date. Previous phone was Moto G and again great for the money but didn't last overly long before really grinding to a halt.

I'm still leaning towards the LG G5 as I know a couple of people with them and they swear by them, are they really that unreliable?

11. Yes google 'LG boot loop', every LG phone for years has had its days numbered by poor solder joints. 'Boot loop' doesn't quite do it justice considering it means spontaneous loss of all data and a totally bricked phone

12. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Got the Honor 9 and loving it, the display is super crisp.

13. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Pixel XL is massively discounted at carfone warehouse, so gonna get one of those, ty for your help bby

14. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

you're most welcome

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)