Neverwinter (D&D MMORPG)

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Deleted member 2400, 30 Apr 2013.

1. [​IMG]

No thread for this yet?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/

Open Beta - 16:00 UTC, 30th April

get client here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

Screenshot:

Don't know much about it so far, but looks solid from what I've seen.

MMORPG
    -Action-combat (like TERA)
    -Looks like smooth and clear gameplay.
    -Set in the "Forgotten Realms" D&D world (no idea what that means, not a D&D bro, I've heard it's not entirely strict to the lore though, and is more of it's own thing)
    -Apparently is entirely instanced =\ (no big open worlds etc.)
    -Made by Cryptic Studios (City of Heros, Champions Online, and lol Star Trek Online) but Published by Perfect World Entertainment, who've made a ton of MMO's (Namely Perfect World and it's spin-offs) whilst they're rly successful they have been known to make games shitty with their Zen store, will have to see.
    -'The Foundry' user-made content! ehemagawd!

Official Neverwinter Youtube, can check out different classes and stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeverwinterGame/videos

Total Biscuit video with game devs:

Interesting 10min video:

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Harv Admiral Anchovy

<3

I'll be on as soon as possible. (inb4 servers die instantly.)

3. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Downloading the client now. Seems like it is going to be fun.

4. Yeah I usually add 5 hours on to every eta a game provides. Altho I'm feeling hopeful for this one since a lot of people are all ready playing due to early access etc.

You can fully download and patch the client right now, just says "you're not allowed to play" when you log in lol

5. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Ah didn't know I can also patch it up, I'll start it.

6. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

Looks really good, I really really REALLY hope Perfect world won't fuck it up with zen, like in Black light.

optimistic as fuck.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. a guy at my work is a Perfect World veteran lol I guess I will find out from him how they treat the f2p model

8. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Well it's lagging as fuck for me I can't even fight properly. My char name is Prof Cockenballs and I'm on the Mindflayer server. Account name Radforlife.

9. So after a 1 hour queue, and despite the lag (servers are in california) and usual beta stuff, I'm pleased to report that the game is not completely terrible.

update:

*So I sacrificed waiting in a 1 hour queue again to redo my awful looking character (elf female looks so bad, even though the 10% reduction to slow effects sounds nice, went with a half-elf beauty) and to investigate which shard/server is best.

*There's no official info on whether if different Shards affect latency or not, only this:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...r-Extended-FAQ&p=297631&viewfull=1#post297631
    So I assume it doesn't make a difference.

*From a post on the forum from a 'Community Moderator' (dunno if this is a game dev, a paid community manager, or just some power-posting bum they gave a title to so they work for free):

"The game will ultimately use a single server architecture so in the long run this question isn't even important.

However they have developed their new "Shard" system which emulates being on a separate server when they are expecting high volumes of traffic such as post launch. Any character you make on one shard will be limited to being played on that shard however these shards will ultimately be collapsed into one shard after the initial server stress has dissipated.

So the answer is yes you will be restricted to using that chacter on only one shard but in the end it really doesn't matter."

*In the launcher options you can set Proxy to US or EU (defaults to none) you can also set patch proxy.
    I set mine to EU, selected patch proxy. Login attempts totally failed and timed out etc.
    (eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com)

I tried again, deselecting patch proxy (one would assume this would only affect the launcher though) and keeping proxy: EU,this time I get eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com and a smooth login, can't find out if game is laggy until after queue. This doesn't make a difference, it seems that it will try to use eu1, then next time you try you get eu2

*I'm sticking with Mindflayer shard cos the name sounds cool and is also the unofficial home of some RP'ers:
    http://www.neverwinter-rp.com/forum
    (not that ill be rp'ing much)

*I will report back once I've gotten past the queue.

update 2:

experiencing less lag, still a bit rubber-bandy, but it's more like server stressy beta lag, not like rly bad.

character creator still is terrible, try unchecking "raise character creator quality" in options before creating a character, then it might actually look something like how it does in-game lol

enjoying the combat, it's still quite targeted, not as hack n slash like tera for e.g. but it's smooth and fun. you can even lock-on to a target holding ctrl, which kinda goes against the point of action-mmo lol

already come across user-created quests, it's funny you get a disclaimer pop-up from cryptic about quality and distastefulness and a report function etc.

inb4 a whole sub-community of sex-questers.

update 3:

oh yeah i forgot you can see what server ur connected to in windows 7 now lol :hurr:

79.125.26.110 when using eu proxy, get like 58ms not bad =P

10. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Finally got in and have to say it's worth the wait. The combat system is pretty good but since it's still lagging a bit, shifting is a bit hard to pull. Other than that, I enjoy the game so far.

11. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

One more WoW clone?

12. Harv Admiral Anchovy

It uses a completely different system, a bit more interesting one. Combat is more action oriented, you have to aim or manually lock, there's no instalock and just spellcasting. The skills also work differently. I wouldn't consider it a WoW clone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. it's quite different to WoW, it's not omg-wtf-best-mmo-ever but is pretty fun

14. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Well wanted to play this morning...Logged in...Over 7000 people waiting =|...Yea no

15. lol same, basically queue up, play 2 games of LoL, then should be in.

that said there's a 4 hour maintenance coming up any minute now... :bang:

queue position 3000, net drops for like 5 seconds, queue position 10,000 yeah fuck this game lol

16. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Got an email about this earlier, anyone say for certain whether it's worth playing?

17. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I think yes if they manage to get some more capacity... :D

18. it's worth playing, if u can play it

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. neverwinter proxy

2. neverwinter online proxy

3. neverwinter eu proxy

4. neverwinter launcher proxy,
  5. eu1.proxy neverwinter,
  6. www.gamingmasters.org,
  7. dungeons and dragons neverwinter proxy,
  8. eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com,
  9. nevwerinter proxy options,
  10. neverwinter launcher options proxy