(New) Hearthstone Tournament!

Discussion in 'Events' started by vand2, 6 Feb 2015.

1. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Hi friends! I have used a bit of my morning on arranging a Hearthstone tournament for us! The tournament page can be found here:
    http://binarybeast.com/xHS1502061
    To sign up all you have to do is register an account and press 'join tournament'. The tournament will be held at sunday 1st of March. Prizes and such are yet to be decided, but I had thought maybe if every contestant tips in 1-2 euroes the winner could receive 8 packs from the in game store. But this is just a suggestion.

I will remove the tournament if there is not enough participants.

2. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

i would play but i didn't even pass tutorial so yeah i'm out xD

3. Experica Always No

signed up for the tournament although have bad deck combo (RNG FTW)

4. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Vand I think you need to read what was said about the last tourny before making a new one.

5. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Doing it over multiple days is sometimes very difficult because people have a life outside of hearthstone and shit can come up. Imo it's better if everything is in one day - and since the winners will only play MAX 9 games, it will take approx 1-2 hours I think... Secondly, although I agree round-robin would be the most fun, there would still be the ocmplication of time. Round-robin tournaments requires alot more games which would result in having to do it over multiple days - and again, that can be a difficulty. Ofcourse, this can be solved with everyone only playing one match against each other instead of 3. Personally, I highly dislike this because then it will all come down to luck rather than skill.
    Lastly, alot of rules concerning the decks suggested by mole could be good to have such as drafting a maximum amount of decks we can use. However, banning a deck or in any other way not allowed to play with your deck is just silly. Look at me for instance - I use three different hunter decks all with very different purposes. If I were to only be allowed to play with one of those decks I will not be having a good time. Therefore, I think we should instead draft three decks, upload the content of each deck in image files so everyone can see them and then play. Thereby everyone knows roughly what you will be playing, and they will have to use their wits to counter/foresee them instead of just saying "I don't want to play this that is stupid". Imo it is all about making a deck you are proud of and you want to compete with, and if someone says you can not play the deck you are proud of, then what fun is there?
    As a side note, I saw the thread ended with noone trying to schedule a new one, so I took the initiative to do it. So please do not tell me I have not read what was said about the last tournament because I have. I simply did not say anything about any rules in this post because really I should not be the only one to decide. I sort of hoped we could discuss it here.

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I've not seen much open for discussion until now, as you've already set it up with a date.
    Maybe people want to do the longer tourneys but schedule the games to be played at certain time/days.
    Also your saying deck banning is 'silly' so someone with a good deck will win guaranteed, not by how they play it just form the cards they own.

7. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

A few things to note:
    1) The format of deck bans and such is not just my idea, it's the format used in tournaments.
    2) The advantage of having it over many days is due entirely to the fact that if you're trying to organise a bunch of people from different time zones with different real life commitments, it's very hard to set a time and have everyone turn up for it. We've had this on many, many occasions in GM and it's almost become a running joke at this point. While you've said it's likely to be harder to get people to play over multiple days, it's probably easier for two people at a time to find an hour or two free than it is for 8 or more to find a few hours at the same time.
    3) I did set up a new one actually : http://gamingmasters.challonge.com/jumpupjumpupandgetdown , it just got hidden among the final match posts and I didn't have the inclination to force the issue due to work
    4) 1-2 hours for 9 games is unlikely, again due to having to organise multiple people
    5) I know it was just a suggestion and not set in stone, but I personally don't like having an entry fee as it were with a prize for the winner and would rather just have these events for fun
    6) If people actually want to have another go at a tourney with the same format as last time (or in a round robin format), give me a shout and I'll get the ball rolling again as my workload is reduced for the next couple of weeks.

8. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

I've just reread what I wrote and I agree - it does not look much open to discussion. The initial intention with setting up a date was simply to get the ball rolling. In hindsight though I agree with you.

All very good points - I just really disagree with banning decks. Maybe you are right with 1-2 hours being a little overrated... But really, I do not think it will be too long. But if that is what people want I suppose I can roll with it. The sign in fee I got from a post in the original thread somewhere suggesting a prize, but it is a bit silly since we are doing it for fun.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)