New Tekkit Map?

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by HellJack, 24 Apr 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. Keep the map we're running now. (Nothing Changes)

12.0%
  2. New Map, No Whitelist (Anyone can play)

24.0%
  3. New Map, Whitelist (We control who can play on the server)

64.0%
  1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Thanks to the hard work of the various code monkeys, we seem to have most of the bugs worked out on how to run a proper Tekkit Server.

Most of us have a better idea on how the system works, and what the various machines do.

And we have an overabundance of griefers, exploiters, and complainers.

I would like to suggest we start a new map, and this time around we White List the damn thing.

What do you folks think?

2. Gaw discord is my friend now

With the proper protection mods, I don't believe a whitelist is necessary. I'd also be in favour of a new map.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Whitelist this baby! Griefers will always keep exploiting glitches! To only way stop them is to Whitelist this server! And all the people in the server will be nicer and better builders too! Because wich n00b/griefer/hacker wants to wait a day for being whitelisted? :)

I voted for Whitelist!

4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

There's the problem really, how do you stop EE, without disabling it completely? There is no protection plugin which prevents it being used on a specific piece of land for example, you can only disable the use of certain items completely (and probably limit this on the user's rank).

If you don't want a whitelist server, but you do want it fully protected, you can't have the EE items enabled, is pretty much what it boils down to.

This will mean the only power items that could be used, would be the RM and DM swords, archangel's smite, the stones (excl. philosopher's), gem of eternal density, divining rod, klein stars, alchemy bags and talisman of repair, everything else but the watch (has its own problems, but none that bypass permissions) and DM pedestal (its effect depends on the item used with it) can be used to bypass protections in one way or another.

5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Basically, even if a place is protected...there are new ways to destroy it.

Squirrels place had World Guard protections. I did it myself.

His factory was destroyed by use of either Red Matter items, or Catalyst Lens, or something of the such.

The only way to properly protect against everything is to disable everything, and then...what's the point of that. Just play Vanilla Minecraft.

6. Totaly Agree, This isn't just because my property got Destroyed but for the sake of the server!
    Make a good Whitelist Application Section on this forum with Smart questions to see if someone is completely stupid or a good Tekkit player! (filter those players!)

7. Just get rid of EE, it's silly anyway

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  8. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

I'm in support of the whitelist, that way people have to get involved with GM first and you can get an indication of who's only here to troll.

9. Or instead of getting rid of EE, make it only available to GM/trusted players

10. That is a good idea!

11. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Is that not just a whitelist?

12. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

13. Was the proposed whitelist not completely blocking non-trusted players from modifying the world or perhaps even joining?

14. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Oh, do you mean making EE only available to trusted players? If so, I thought you meant the server. My mistake.

15. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Spotted the crash, server now back up Don't ask why. Had no-one pester me as well, which is progress.

Thought I'd get my opinion in before I come back properly and find the boat has sailed.

I would say white-list the server, but have it so people can join in a 'spectator' mode, sort of how it was briefly for a while. I think if you set up a message on first join saying to build anything anywhere you need to make a post here or get an admin/moderator to white-list you. You then don't lose people's interest by joining a white-listed server and find you can't join.

That would be the way I would go about it. Setting it up however, don't look at me.

16. Totally agree with you! Would be really smart to have this 'spectator' mode ;) I Vote YES :D

EDIT : The vote results are getting pretty clear now...

17. Cactus The key is to never give up

I still vote against anything changing, but if something does, I would prefer to not have a whitelist, it enables no knew people to join.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. How is it stopping new people from joining?

19. Meanwhile the person who goes to private school......

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Zing Zing x 2
    • List
  20. Cactus The key is to never give up

Gamingmasters have had a lot of randomers joining the tekkit server, with a whitelist, unless someone rights a thread on websites such as minecraft forum/planet minecraft, we will not get anyone randomly joining our server and inviting their friends.

Am I not allowed to make one mistake?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tekkit maps

2. tekkit map

3. tekkit server no banned items

4. tekkit server no baned items,
  5. tekkit server nothing banned,
  6. tekkit server list,
  7. minecraft tekkit server list,
  8. tekkit starter maps,
  9. how to use a map in tekkit,
  10. Tekkit factory maps