New video card help pls

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Vallun, 10 Jul 2014.

1. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

looking to buy a new video card for my old computer which had the faulty card.

whats the best to look at atm? AMD or Nvidia?

looking to spend around £70, give me suggestions pls u sxy people

2. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

recommending Nvidia, working out really fine, got mine for like ~2,5 years, still working fine (GTX560)

3. What card are you currently using? Are you looking to move back to the PC that had the faulty card? Differences between Nvidia and ATI are personal - I've had both throughout the years and I don't think there's enough to distinguish between them for the majority of end users to worry about. Just go with whatever is the best value at the time.

From what I can see this ATI R9 265x card, although £20 over budget, would be best suited for your needs. Review here. Nvidia's closest offering would probably be the Nvidia GTX 750Ti, but that's £100 - review here.

The Nvidia card is not that much stronger than the ATI one - but I'd probably wait for @Chef Excellence to give you an overview as he can probably cook something up better than I...

Last edited: 10 Jul 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. If you wanted to go the new route over the 2nd hand route your best option at around £70 is an AMD R9 260x

5. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Yeah, the GPU on that computer is the only thing that needs upgrading for now.

Slightly out of my budget, what's your opinion on this? http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...aphicscards/amdhd7770series/11201-12-20g.html

6. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

7. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

8. yes

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)