Nootropics - Any personal experiences?

Discussion in 'Random' started by Akiba, 21 Jan 2013.

1. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

[​IMG]
    My achievements are augmented.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

I took some when I was a little kid,don't remember which,But I remember It helped me a lot,and had no side effects.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. A drug with no side effects, so It's just basically sugar pills and you're improvements were just from believing in yourself/the drug.

4. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

I mean no bad side effects,it improved my focus, and my overall "logic" basically made me think better.

5. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

You know what he meant.

EDIT: Clearly Subv doesn't need me. :P

6. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

nou me need u

7. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Don't put words in my mouth, I have no moral issues with the use of nootropics and similar items. Heck, I even drink a Berocca tablet every morning as an energy supplement to help kick start my days (ironically it contains a lot of Vitamin B1 and B2, both of which are considered natural nootropics).

For me, I just don't understand why people are shelling out considerable amounts of money for synthetic nootropics which might perform a tiny tiny fraction better than some natural alternatives. The appeal is just something which flies over my head, I have no moral issues, it just escapes me as to why people who want to put this much time and money in to drugging ("supplementing") themselves up for a minute amount of cognitive improvement. I just don't understand why people don't just chin who they are, maybe buy some cheap supplements that are relevant to their desires and get on with their lives as they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Gaw discord is my friend now

Was really considering picking up some Noopept and Choline, but I came across Modafinil. It's used for treating narcolepsy (excessive sleep in the day) and other sleeping disorders, but the effects are very prominent even if you don't have these afflictions. The main effects are a hugely reduced need for sleep (50-75%) and way more alertness and energy (more so than both caffeine and amphetamines). Much like the racetam family (piracetam, noopept etc) it also vastly increases memory and cognitive function in most cases. I think I'd be insane not to try it, as it would vastly improve school, study and also gaming. The side effects are incredibly minor and rare, the only problem is the tolerance that can be built up.

It is only sold on a prescription basis however (and only for very specific conditions in Ireland) so that means importing it from India. Not as scary as it sounds though, since there's a plethora of trusted vendors and reviews everywhere.

Also, would highly recommend reading the r/nootropics FAQ if anyone is interested in learning more about nootropics (not just Modafinil)

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

I forgot to update. Bought 30 Modafinil a few weeks ago for a pretty good price, and I'm a big fan of it. During my exam period, it allowed me seemingly infinite energy and concentration - I'm confident it improved my performance on the final exams. The feeling of being tired does not exist for me while on it. I'm still able to sleep fine on it if needed, and all-nighters are also significantly easier. My motivation does seem to be higher while on it, I'm pretty sure it's not a placebo effect, just a result of having more energy. Though a few of my friends tried it and there were clear placebo effects.

I have noticed few side effects. I read some posts online that indicated it reacted negatively with caffeine, but I did not experience any issues even with high doses. Though caffeine is not required while on Modafinil for the purposes of staying awake, only if you actually like the taste of coffee and stuff. It can and probably will make your pee smell a bit off though.

I would recommend it for the purpose of needing to stay awake or to work on a project etc. If you're well rested already and have no trouble staying awake, I wouldn't recommend Modafinil as a nootropic for the typical effects of improved cognitive performance etc. It builds up a tolerance too quickly and it'll drain your money. Most effectively used once in a blue moon. If you've got any questions I'm happy to answer them!

edit: Also partly the reason I'm now ranked 3rd on Osu in Ireland :3:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

How much did you pay and where did you get them from? And seeing as you're importing them from India I assume they took around two weeks to arrive?

11. I was at this public reading (if that is what it's called) by a neurologist (Peter Lund Madsen) who made a lengthy presentation of the our brain and what we know so far. He is at the top of his field.

After the reading we could ask questions and one guy asked the question about performance enhancing drugs.
    The doctor said that he didn't really encourage people to take them. Not because of the obvious moral issues that most got with them, but because of the concept of Equivalent Exchange. If you use performance enhancing drugs to perform better than what you are normally capable of, it comes at a price. All the extra energy you spend needs to be paid back. That's just the nature of things.

A few doctors I've had in life told me the same things.

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

I lucked out and found this guy. Looks like his prices have been raised since I ordered, but I still think he's the cheapest around. Shipped from the US and it only took a few days, although he says shipping should take weeks oddly enough.

13. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

All sounds very interesting, but I'm quite fine with my prescribed Class-B drugs thank you very much

14. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Necroing this thread but for good reasons. Anyone had any experience with Noopept or Adrafinil?

15. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

then GM became addicts...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Yes, actually I do. There are some quite popular ones like Modafinil or Rhodiola Rosea to name a few. You can read more here: http://nootrodelic.com/nootropics-for-motivation-and-energy/

I also like to drink green tea or take Ashwagandha for its relaxing effects when I'm taking energizing nootropics.

17. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Thanks Mr salmon!

18. I tried a lot of nootropics, almost all of them. But if you are healthy, you should use any of synthetic nootropics, you could get in bad health condition. Instead of that, try nootropics stacks which made from natural sources. Ofcourse you must do your own research and read reviews . Health individuals shouldn't use any synthetics nootropics, you can talk with your doctor about this.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)