Orange Server: 2 Maps ;P.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lGMl Noob M8, 13 Aug 2015.

1. lGMl Noob M8 Jsut bad at englis

For These People Who Is still Playing on the Orange server, I know It's Really Cool Map, Very good Players, For A Reason: People Keep Getting Bored, So I Had To Suggest to Make it: 2 Maps Server

Reasons To Deny The Suggestion:

1-Mangers Might Be Lazy Or Busy

2-You Won't be Able to Add a map(s) to the server, so basically The Server Need to Be Re-Created

3-Some Players Won't Be Able to Download The Map(s)

4-Some People Won't Wait For The Downloads Because of the Internet and Map(s) Size

5-You Don't Belive That People Get Bored
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Orange Maps:
    1-cp_orange_toyfort_tbrv1
    A Big Size Map, Have Some Tunnles, Doesn't Need a Skills so Anyone Would BE Happy in this Map, Teams Can Won By Capturing the Middle Point And Earning 100 Domination's With it, With a Great Sniping Spots,Perfectly Made Map Would be Lovely to anyone 8)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2-cp_orange_cross
    An Orange Map That is Big, Made as a Cross, A Large Size Tower at the Middle, Health Packs are Few and some of them are Hard to spot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3-cp_orange_flip
    a Small size Map, With a Great Sniping Spots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4-cp_orange_skyward
    A Normal Orange Map Without a Walls, And a Sky Fighting Base
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5-cp_desert_orange_x3
    Same as Orange, but With a Desert Skin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6-cp_orange_x3_night_2015
    A Normal Orange Map at Midnight, it have some Text's need to be Removed "FSN.TF", It had a Timing, After The Time IT starts a Sudden Death Mode, Underground Tunnel With Full Ammo pack and full Health pack the UnderGround Tunnle Had a Trap on it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Need a mapper to hide it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    7-cp_orange_z4_v3
    A normal Orange Map, With Some New Hidding Spots, sniping spots, Health Packs Are Very rare, had a Soundscapes insied spawn & outside
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IF you've Voted to the Map you want i'll give The Manger(s) a Link For it

Vote By Writing the Map Number

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I'd disagree, mostly because people don't really get bored, and there'll be comments for months (literally) if Orange suddenly 'disappears' (/ becomes but one map next to many).

Though, I do see all these maps are versions of Orange. But how do you decide on which one to play? When a match ends? But 'nobody' (of the core community, at least) caps; why cap, after all, when you can just have fun fighting over middle (something I very much agree with)? Indeed, quite a lot of people even say 'don't cap' to others. Practically speaking, you'll either see only few maps throughout the day (99%+ of the times I've been in-game didn't see any round ending), or people will start actively capping to get to a new map. Which has two issues; one, why do people want a new map, as that implies they don't like the current map? And two, this will remove a lot of fun, as there's little fun to be found in fighting over the second and fourth cp, and even less fun to be found in being spawncamped by people attempting to get the last point. It'd also increase the amount of Engineers occupying the tower (to defend it), which at times can further detract from the fun, not to mention Engineers building in their base. All in all, Orange would become more 'static', with Engineer and snipers being more dominant. And think about the many people who just join to have fun; flying around, rocket jumping around, and so forth. Capping would reduce their fun as well.

3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

Why Do You Capitalize Random Words?

Also orange is the most popular server by far, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

4. lGMl Noob M8 Jsut bad at englis

I Tried To Counter it

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

We're not going to change the Orange server, it's extremely popular for a reason. People don't like change, the risks outweigh the benefits.

We could have a new Orange Map Rotation server, but I don't know if the demand is there. It could also divide some of the regulars, reducing the number of concurrent players on the main server. That would cause the server to trend downwards on the server browser.

Appreciate the suggestion, but we would need a significant amount of interest to create it.

6. lGMl Noob M8 Jsut bad at englis

uhmm.. it seems a Good Idea, butwhat is the time it would take to be created ?

7. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I never got why, out of all the Orange Maps, we host the most dull one. Is the reason it being very balanced or something?

8. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Apart perhaps from that orangebowl map that was around in the middle of 2012, I can't really see any maps that would make a difference.

Anyway, thousands of hours can't be wrong... the map isn't as bad as the original x3, that was dark and dingy as well as "boring" as you put it...

9. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

thing is, it doesn't seem like a good idea, that's why we aren't doing it, i'm pretty sure the folks here a better idea of running servers than you considering they've been doing it for 5+ years

"People don't like change, the risks outweigh the benefits."

" That would cause the server to trend downwards on the server browser."

cause it works, the server is always populated so it seems to work, also imo this orange map has the perfect balance of fun and serious design, other orange maps tend to be super crazy but that deters good players usually, this map feels like it attracts both the "pro" players looking for a bit of fun and practice, and the more casual players looking to just have fun and dick around.

10. We need more people on the other servers :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. lGMl Noob M8 Jsut bad at englis

Make A party with yer Friends
    People Won't Randomly Join when the server is empty, make the server had at least 6 players, that's how you make random people join, they will search for a server had a players on it, not an Empty server

Aye hav a brain u dunt

Last edited: 14 Aug 2015
    lGMl Noob M8
    This message by lGMl Noob M8 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Douglas Douglas x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • List
  12. Brick Top Server Admin

The orange map in rotation now is beautiful! The best!

13. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

yea I have 6 friends that have nothing better to do than play dustbowl with eachother all day

also literally none of your images work, you can't even put an image correctly

14. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I must agree with the general consensus of the Community here.

There is nothing wrong with our Orange server. This map was specifically created for us with minor additions (health and ammo packs) without changing the map too far from the original Orange experience.

It is our most popular server. By far.

Now, we're not a "Lazy" Management. When we experience a problem, we usually fix it.

Usually. No need to bring up times where we didn't.

But, I can say...emphatically as well...that we will not be making these changes to our Orange server. There is nothing wrong with it.

Besides, how dare you call us lazy when you can't even link images correctly. Sub said it first, but my god man. None of your images are linked correctly.

15. Brick Top Server Admin

I've been waiting for some time for a fix to the "only managers can use resizehead" bug! :V

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Every other orange map I've ever played has been absolute garbage compared to the one we use.

17. I think we should just get 5 or 6 of us too hop on to stock rotation until it starts filling up, more players equals more people, more people equals... more people!

We did it before and it worked until Valve changed the way finding a game worked but I'd be willing to do it again.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)