OOC Pen and paper RPGs

Discussion in 'Pen & Paper RPGs' started by Harv, 26 Mar 2013.

1. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I don't know if anyone played classic PnP rpgs before, but if someone wants to try, I'm more than willing to participate or even be the game master. I have resources (books, sheets, etc) for nearly every imaginable system and there are quite many frameworks which make playing easier. One of them is Roll 20, which is completely free and all around solution for hosting RPG sessions, has built-in dice rolling, video/voice conference and a powerful map system.

The games I'm somewhat experienced in are:
    - Shadowrun (futuristic mix of high fantasy and cyberpunk)
    - Call of Cthulhu (mystic stories which emphasize storytelling and investigation rather than long fights)
    - Warhammer 40K's every pnp version, except Rogue Trader (Deathwatch makes it possible to get in the role of a space marine, Black Crusade is the same, but with chaos space marines, Dark Heresy is based on the workings of the Inquisition in the Empire and the last one, Only War takes the Imperial Guard and lets you play a footsoldier in the war for mankind)

I'm also interested in Fallout pen and paper, which is based on the PC games

For a party to start it's sufficient to have 3 players and a game master.

Rulebooks:
    Deathwatch
    Black Crusade
    Dark Heresy
    Call of Cthulhu
    Fallout

2. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I would be well up for Call of Cthulhu. Got to love anything remotely Lovecraftian :P

3. I would give it a go. Might be fun who knows? :P

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Vaguely interested too

5. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I love that game, even tried LARP once, it was amazing. The best part is that opposed to 'regular' rpgs in CoC, if you get into a fight it usually means death with all the superficial stuff. You have sanity points which decrease every time you witness something out of this world so you have to investigate and find the weak spots of your enemy before you go crazy. It's amazing with people who care to think. :D

I'll try to assemble a minimal guide what to use and how it works in a few pages, then we'll see. :) (can also share dropbox folder, if someone is interested in the whole rulebook.)

6. Yes please :)

7. Harv Admiral Anchovy

8. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Would be jumping in the deep end without having a clue about anything, but am vaguely interested too

9. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

Yes yes yes yes, would be up for every/anything :).

Really looking forward to doing the fallout one, sounds neat.

10. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Well it's all about having fun. Call of Cthulhu is a game that can even be played without using complicated mechanics, only based on storytelling and player reactions. I would throw in some fights and luck based events, but it will be still pretty simple. What I would recommend if we get to play, try to prepare for the possibility of character death. It happens.

11. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Would be very very interested in something like this, but I have no real past experience with PnP RPGs (though plenty of experience with 40k).

12. I'd be up for trying something like this too, sounds like a good time if we can get a few people together!

13. I'm definitely in!

14. hateist i am a bunny.

i'm a massive PnP RPG fan so please count me in.

15. Can imagine you having the most amazingly cunning and ridiculous character there is who would roll to kill someone with your toes or something. Calling it now.

16. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Wow the interest is much higher than I expected. I'll write a list for myself and maybe we could play separate parties if it's ok... I'd like to have everyone choose which system he/she is interested in, and I'll upload some more books if there's need. I'll link them eventually in OP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Someone tell Darky to make multiple chat-boxes so we can host these damn things on the forum.

18. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I copied it to my dropbox, OP updated. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem, but actually maybe a separate subforum would be even better. Or we could just use Roll 20 as I wrote in the OP. The advantage of a subforum is that it can be used to group more games and if someone else gets in the mood to create a game and be the game master it can be easily done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Subforum is probably the best solution

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pen and paper ooc