ph_courtyard_v1_7

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Marshii, 20 Sep 2013.

1. Hi folks,

I've been working on a map called *points to title*
    I have a few screenies of it in my screenshots on steam, but the map is 'done' as far as I'm concerned, what would I need to do now in order to get the map put into rotation?

Many Thanks,

~~~Marshii

2. Could you upload the screenshots please?

3. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Provide a link to it so a couple of the guys can actually test it out and judge for themselves whether the map needs some adjustments or not, then I'm sure it'll be considered for rotation.

4. It's very hard to judge from your screenshots on steam

Can you post the .bsp? Either attach it to a forum post or stick it on something like dropbox

5. I'll upload the bsp very soon, i'm just having a couple of problems getting blue and red spawns to actually differentiate. I have separate entities for each location and have designated each as either blue / red yet only one entity is used for both teams. Not sure if I need to add logic or something like that :/ But once that is done I'll upload the bsp to dropbox most likely.

6. I've made some changes so that console shouldn't be spammed with errors about Vphysics etc now, and spawns work. The only change remaining would be if everything is good enough to go into rotaion; the music. I dont want to pakrat until I need to.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jxdfsi2ekhgunwp/YRSJT8_LpO

7. Equinox The Chickenpoxinox Hiphopinox Equinox

Hello! I have some constructive criticism.
    You need to make a nodraw barrier outside the map.
    Put player clip on the stairs to make going up them smoother.
    The map is quite large, I think it needs to be shrunken down a bit, its huge and would take ages for a pyro to search the whole map.
    I like the prop placements, not too close together and the map is really well made, but its quite large needs some tweaking in my opinion. :D

8. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Well it would certainly benefit from a longer time limit, say similar to that of Grassland, in order to balance prop/hunter chances of victory, and a few props in the containers placed in the middle. Other than that it seems a thoroughly decent, playable map.

9. What sort of time limit would you suggest? Currently 230 seconds I think, but with regard to the crates, those are there for the purpose of running rather than hiding since the map is so big and to provide that balance I found not giving the hiding possibility in those better.

10. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Ah gotcha.
    With 30 second period included, I'd agree something around 250-260 would be absolutely ideal for a map this size

11. Ok so, I've made a few changes;

- Massively reduced space on the roof to run around (approximately 40% of the main roof remains, while the thinner roof on the grey building with green rock pillars can no longer be run along)
    - Blocked off the back-passage above the back of the stage area
    - Blocked off 4 of the 'single window' rooms on the lower floor of the library building
    - Added small ammo packs in 4 locations
    - Added 1 small health kit in the hole in the wall
    - Small lighting changes in 1 location, and added a couple of props at the back of the stage area to create a partial barrier for anyone hiding there (crouchable spot i.e. if you crouches they may not get hit by fire and/or seen in the first place if they have a small prop)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jxdfsi2ekhgunwp/YRSJT8_LpO

12. Ok, I've just updated Courtyard, now v1_6

List of changes as follows:
    -Closed off all 'window' rooms reducing areas required to be searched which are often forgotten about anyway.
    -Vastly reduced roof space so running around on the roofs is less of an option as you cannot hide over the lip of the roofs.
    -Removed the barrier separating top 'hut' into two sections - now just one room with an entrance at both ends.
    -Changed Blue Spawn > Now much smaller and is more of a corner rather than a whole empty corridor of wasted space.
    -Other minor changes around the map removing tiny corners in occluded areas which require time to get to with nothing around > Less time required to search places such as the stage
    -Added a second music button and fixed 'looping', music will now not continue after round end.

*Note - There are no changes to the config file (still using v1_4 config) but the bsp is now v1_6*

I hope these changes make courtyard seen of less of an "outrageously large" map and now puts it in 'Medium / Large' category as running space, 'tiny nook spots' and time taken to get in between 'places of search interest' has been much reduced.

Here's a link to the dropbox; whoops, hotfix to a tiny bug on the way

Last edited: 28 Jan 2014
  13. I am thinking of how I can update the 'map' as a whole and I am considering making a 'CourtyardCircus' whereby I split it into 2 maps if possible which switch between them every 2 rounds. Though Im not sure if that's possible.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)