PH_Maze

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by labelmaker, 22 Aug 2009.

1. Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Re: PH_Maze

Looks pretty good :D - testing it now

Also fyi:

- The round time isn't controlled by the map, but you can have a specific round time if necessary.
    - You only need the prop_dynamic for the control point - the other entities get automatically removed.
    - You could have a standard func_door on the BLU spawn which will be automatically opened at the appropriate time by the plugin.

3. Re: PH_Maze

looks awesome

4. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: PH_Maze

It's looking like a good starting point, I'll make sure i play it in the near future.

For now, my feedback would be;

Your using the props from Egypt in an alpine environment, it doesn't fit. -

Change the ground texture to a sandy one, rather than the alpine blend
    Change the wall textures to the Egypt Heliography ones, or similar.
    The pyramids are SKYBOX models, and are not supposed to be used in maps, even though they have Vphysics.
    Git rid of the alpine stuff and replace it with desert bushes/palm trees or desert trees.
    Consider making some complex brush-based structures

From what I've heard, the map plays well, but doesn't look great, so please consider my advice.

Anyway, I'll give proper feedback when I play it.

5. Geit Coding wizard!

Feedback time MK.2;

My god, it's uglier than it looks in the screenshots, it looks like the ultimate mismatch of props, not to mention the poor texture choices.

Stop using skybox textures, atleast, I think the walls are skybox textures, if not scale the texture down.

Chose a theme and stick to it, how many mazes do you know that have giant pillars, with palm trees and pines, mixed in with spytech and farm stuff?

'Nuff said.

6. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

It looks nice, better then what i can do. Im rubish with textures etc. but i can use the brush tool to make simple walls.. thats why im good at making surf maps on css =] I made one before but the comp had to be formatted and i lost it :'( might start another one later lol.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

It's.. ughh

I hate it

8. Re: PH_Maze

I love this map :P But you should probably make the props that spawn in it smaller, the map is so small and spammy.

9. Re: PH_Maze

From the responses Ive gotten from the server, and from here. I gather that everyone enjoys the map layout. The only grief is that it has no central theme. I took inspiration from the original renditions of Wheres Waldo, in which there was no central theme. But as you all know, newer books had themes to keep everyone happy. In the same fashion, continuing on.... I give you a sneek peak at ph_maze_a3. With the help of Geit, who chose to expand on the egyption theme and chose to fix up the layout for me. I will be talking to Dark about some cool features Id like to see added for map makers to use involving more gameplay on a single map file. More on that soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

^^ That looks alot better already :D

11. Re: PH_Maze

Would that be multiple sets of spawn points?

As long as they can be easily grouped by a keyvalue that should be possible :)

12. Geit Coding wizard!

Some nicer images of the new maze;

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

Very very bland atm, but with more props etc, It will be an awesome map :D

14. Re: PH_Maze

Make a skybox D:

Four walls and the sky looks tacky

15. Re: PH_Maze

Will be working on getting rid of the walls in A4, sky is better though.

16. Re: PH_Maze

A3 is Live!

17. Re: PH_Maze

Sorry about A3 guys, good news though. A4 is now Live and it looks way better now. :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ph_maze

2. theme for egyption

3. ph_maze_a4

4. tf2 ph_maze,
  5. download ph_maze,
  6. ph_maze a4 tf2,
  7. ph_maze a4 download