[Poll] The level of restictions for default users.

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Mysteryem, 7 Oct 2012.

?

What level of restriction do you think default users/randomers should have on the tekkit server?

1. No items that aren't logged/bypass protections or control the server (everything else is available)

7.1%
  2. As above, but no highly destructive items (e.g. Nukes, Nova cataclysms, Catalytic lens)

21.4%
  3. As above, but no moderately destructive items (e.g. Red Morning Star/Hammer, Nova Catalysts)

50.0%
  4. As above, but no lowly destructive items (e.g. TNT, Industrial TNT)

14.3%
  5. Even more restrictive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (post with reasons)

7.1%
  1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

A quick question to help with choosing the level of restrictions for the tekkit server. The restrictions on default users (non community/clan) will affect the other groups.

If an ability of an item which ignores protections/isn't logged can be turned off for individual groups, they will be, otherwise the items will need to be blocked completely for that group. (as opposed to blocking the ability globally)

Items that 'control the server' include the Watch of Flowing Time, Evertide Amulet and Volcanite Amulet for their weather and time control abilities.

When considering destructive items that obey protections, consider the effect they can have on land that isn't protected. Many Nukes can leave bedrock deep craters in the landscape and the Hyperkinetic and Catalytic Lenses can instantly mine long 3x3 tunnels for example.

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

So there won't be any form of whitelist? The 'default users / randomers' could be everyone - they don't have to make a post here or anything?

3. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

No whitelist, as was pretty much decided in https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/poll-tekkit-offline-what-to-do.7037/

Default users/randomers will basically be people that we've never seen before, anything above that will be community/clan, most likely with lessened restrictions for those who were whitelisted before.

4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hmm, ok, well, if there's something that logs every action (qua removing, adding, or changing blocks), along with the abbility to reverse it, that's fine I suppose.

Well, on one hand, I dislike item restrictions... But if you can't easily reverse whatever grief action happened (can you?), with randomers, I suppose it's necessary. Although, if someone has been on the server for months, I suppose the restrictions could be lifted for said someone, maybe?

5. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I think if someone hangs around for months, he/she might as well register here and bam, community member.

6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Mhm, yeah, I agree.

7. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

The agree rating told us that.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

[​IMG]

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  9. Cactus The key is to never give up

No, so I decided to reply to your post about it.

10. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Everyone should be able to spawn TNT.

11. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lowly populated tekkit servers with no rules