Prop Hunt League - Ideas thread.

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Gutty, 24 Nov 2011.

1. Hi Team!

Just passing on the word about an idea to get a league going for prop hunt around the world. Not just local.

I have generally played on SourceOp Prophunt and dabbled on other servers but find SourceOp simplier and easier, no offence to GM... after playing for hours on end, I feel there could be more to the fun we have. ADD competition!

Just looking for some general interest and ideas to creating a group of teams who would participate in this league.
    if there is no real interest then it wouldn't happen so if you want it to happen then I need your input!
    I have a thread on SourceOp forums, but will add it as a separate post on this thread, my ideas and some other input from other prop hunt players that I have gathered so far.

If you are a regular to Prop Hunt then this could interest you...

2. First, if you don't know what prop hunt is, check out the wiki [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/PropHunt ].
    SourceOp, have a modified config, compared to the standard version on other servers out there.

Just wondering if there would be any interest in having a SourceOp Prop hunt league. maybe running through the duration of the year and around oct/nov the finals to determine a league winner for that year etc...

I know it would require some dedication to teams etc but if most teams have a good player base then it would work out.
    THIS is Team based league idea.

----------------------------------------------------
    10v10
    International Competition (players from around the world).
    points for win/loss recorded. maybe with stats...
    4 maps @ 18 mins each, 3 min rounds.
    no shows forfeit the win.
    config based on current SourceOp PH except heavy (shotgun only).
    Classes: Scout (props) & Pyro/Heavy(1) for seeking.
    Days/Times would be a general time for all games. (research req'd)
    General admins for the league would be neutral.
    Dedicated servers for league games only, Bookable type. to keep public PH going of course.
    Balanced props on random (cannot change)
    Stats to record all detailed events. round times, win/loss, domination. all for the league points.
    ----------------------------------------------------

I'm sure there would be more ideas, so please add them. 2012 is coming!!!
    Also this would require a bit of dedication from SourceOp.
    I'm also sure some team donations could help at the start of the year...

Thoughts please.....

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

While I'm sure that Dark and Geit here totally appreciate the notion of anyone spreading the word on their hard work, I don't think you need to tell any of us about Prop Hunt, nor provide links to explain the game mod.

Nor, do I believe, will we offer up any donations for dedicated servers. We've already done that.

But, thank you for your interest. Now quickly, run away before MC posts a picture of a damn baby at you.

4. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

[​IMG]

5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

YOU ARE NOT MC!!!

6. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Couldn't pass up the chance i'm afraid.

7. Geit Coding wizard!

[​IMG]

8. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

The fuck is wrong with that baby?

9. SourceOP prophunt is both retarded and insulting to our hard work (reimplemented from scratch with no credit, and was kept closed source for ages), so any competition would be using either vanilla PropHunt (0.0.6, admittedly not far off SourceOP) or as it is now with only class/weapon changes.

That being said a competition might be a good idea if we can drum up enough interest - might get PropHunt revived again.

10. Don't think the competition would be very prophunty either. Would probably be who are the best runners rather than hiders.
    A year would also be way to long.

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

Sounds like a completely retarded idea imo.

12. box Banned

Source OP is horse shit, and broke the FUCK out of the Prop Hunt mod. Holy shit its retarded.

13. Thanks for the feedback. all is noted. including the trolls.

14. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

competitive prophunt is a joke.

15. box Banned

Not trolling when its the truth.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prop hunt

2. sourceop prophunt credits

3. prop hunt sourceops only pyro or heavy

4. world prophunt league,
  5. how to become admin on sourceop prophunt,
  6. www.world prop hunt leauge,
  7. prophunt competition,
  8. world prophunt leauge,
  9. sourceop prophunt,
  10. how to change your prop in sourceop