PropHunt not converting red team to props

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by goombaloon, 20 Nov 2011.

1. I installed the latest PropHunt [1.8] a few days ago. As far as I can tell, everything works fine EXCEPT that the red team players don't convert to props. They just stay as red inanimate scouts and their guns are taken away. I've seen some other posts on other forums from people having the same problem but have yet to see an answer.

Some strange things I've noticed but am not sure how they related to the problem:
    1. The map cfg file have different names the /addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps folder have different names than the maps in the /maps. For example, there is a map named /maps/arena_brawl_b1.bsp with a map config file named /addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/arena_brawl.cfg. I've tried renaming the config file to match but still no luck.
    2. The map cfg files make reference to the props to be used and their location on the file system. For example, the arena_brawl.config file looks like the following:
    "prophuntmapconfig"​
    {
    "Props"
    {
    "models/props_2fort/corrugated_metal001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_badlands/barrel02.mdl" {}
    "models/props_farm/haypile001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_farm/concrete_block001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_gameplay/cap_point_base.mdl" {}
    "models/props_farm/welding_machine01.mdl" {}
    "models/props_vehicles/mining_car_metal.mdl" {}
    "models/props_2fort/miningcrate001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_2fort/miningcrate002.mdl" {}
    "models/props_farm/pallet001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_foliage/cactus01.mdl" {}
    "models/props_badlands/barrel03.mdl" {}
    "models/props_badlands/barrel01.mdl" {}
    "models/props_farm/concrete_pipe001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_foliage/shrub_03_cluster.mdl" {}
    "models/props_forest/wood_pile.mdl" {}
    "models/props_mining/rock006.mdl" {}
    "models/props_mining/fence001_reference.mdl" {}
    "models/props_gameplay/haybale.mdl" {}
    "models/props_2fort/chimney003.mdl" {}
    "models/props_vehicles/mining_cart_supplies001.mdl" {}
    "models/props_2fort/sink001.mdl" {}
    }
    "Settings"
    {
    "doors" "0"
    "relay" "0"
    "round" "250"
    "alt" ""
    "alt2" ""
    }
    }​

I see these files on the server at the specified locations, but don't they need to be downloaded to each client computer? When I connect to my server, the map gets download but not these files. Are they supposed to? This seems like the reason why I'm not seeing any props.​

Any help/guidance would be most appreciated. I've been banging my head against the wall for two days trying to figure this out.

2. Geit Coding wizard!

The map parser cuts off the last part of the map name when it looks for it's config file, for example, when it's looking for a config file for ph_warehouse_b1, it'll chop off the b1 and check if "ph_warehouse.cfg" exists - This is to allow the maps to be upgraded without a huge amount of configuration files. - You should not need to rename any of the files.

Most of the props that are used by PropHunt are already part of TF2 and are installed on the client's machine or they are stored in the map BSP - Either way, PropHunt doesn't support downloading of custom props, they must be in the stock game or the map BSP.

The best way to check what's going on is to issue "sm plugins reload prophunt" to the server and check if the map files are succesfully parsed, the output for that looks something like this:

Code:
    Successfully loaded addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/spooky_ravine.cfg
    Successfully parsed addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/spooky_ravine.cfg
    Loaded 14 models, doors: 1, relay: 0, freeze: 1, round time: 220.
    [SM] Plugin PropHunt reloaded successfully.
    It should also return any errors, if there are any.

3. Thank you for your response. I switched the filename of the map config file back to it's original name based on your feedback. That makes sense now.

Here's what I get when I run the command sm plugins reload prophunt:

L 11/20/2011 - 14:37:39: [prophunt.smx] [PH] Invalid config! Could not access subkey: firing_damage
    Successfully loaded addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/arena_brawl.cfg
    Successfully parsed addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/arena_brawl.cfg
    Loaded 22 models, doors: 0, relay: 0, freeze: 1, round time: 250.
    [SM] Plugin PropHunt reloaded successfully.

Everything seems to be ok on the server.

Could it be that the props aren't being downloaded in the map's BSP file? If TF2 is looking for those on my client computer, they definitely aren't there. I don't have any of the props_* folders/files that are specified in the map's config file, and I've even used the same computer to successfully play PropHunt on other servers with no problems.

Arrrg!

4. Geit Coding wizard!

Ah, This is our fault. - You appear to have downloaded the PropHunt Data Pack that I prepared for the release of 1.9, but 1.9 hasn't actually been released to the general public yet, so there's a small conflict when it attempts to parse the PropHunt configuration file, which has changed massively in the interim. - The error in question is this:

Code:
    L 11/20/2011 - 14:37:39: [prophunt.smx] [PH] Invalid config! Could not access subkey: firing_damage
    We're forcing out 1.9 now over at AlliedMods and your problems should be fixed once you update your plugin - Sorry about that!

EDIT: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1599863&postcount=824

5. That was it! I'm back in business! Thanks for the help.

Great mod!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red error in prop hunt

2. red team props

3. prophunt config file

4. goombaloon facebook,
  5. gamingmasters.co.uk how to install prophunt tf2,
  6. prop hunt maps,
  7. prophunt doesnnt always work