PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. Yes gmail love us

Ongoing effort to try and resolve that

2. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

There was another TF2Items update the other day, which means the same "double reboot" is needed to have PropHunt weapon restrictions work properly.

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I just had kind of an odd idea. A little something to help with the Ghosting problem.

What is we make it so ONLY the Blue Hunter team can be spectated? No one on Red can be spectated at all, either death cam or from Spectator.

Is that possible?

4. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Not a bad start, certainly.

Most of it seems to be from in game or Steam chat from Red's side however. One will stay the same irrespective of what we do, unless our dear fellows get some sort of ESP, but as to the other...

Anyone who knows how TF2 works: is it possible to blind a team or segregate chat entirely?

5. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

A recent TF2 update replaced tf_teamtalk with tf_gravetalk, which is switched on by default.

Switching it off will make dead players unable to talk to or text chat with anyone.

Well... probably. I haven't tested how it interacts with sv_alltalk.

6. Prophunt needs fixing again, the same problem as before (which Selvar posted).
    After Smissmas update, props can use guns, their cosmetics are showing and banned weapons are no longer banned.

7. Selvar Uhu

Hello, I'd like to ask if map Fard Feud could be removed from playable list on your server. With some hours of exeperience I can compare this map to other ones and say that it is unfair. Firstly this map is small and have no place to hide at all, so even if time to hunt is short it's quite easy to kill whole prop team, not mentioning props like concrete block which is visible from second corner of map. Well, with idea of this mode players should have place to hide somewhere I think. Secondly it's just slaughter of less skilled players. There are some players who kill whole team leaving noone to kill for other players, which isn't a fun to play for them I guess. People who are using flareguns just one-shot everyone, having bigger and bigger movement speed so then don't give a small chance to either blue team to kill anyone or red team to escape.
    Also I add a screen so you will see how great it is.(Map wasn't extended here)

Attached Files:

8. Well, first of all, dont hold your breath, we still have years old skinned weapons here, have to deal with them nearly every time im on the server, expecting changes is silly at this point.

Second of all, I agree, Farm Feud is probably the most unbalanced map, at least maze is unique because it keeps changing every round, but Farm Feud is a slaughterhouse for good players and its no bigger than maze, we removed ph_target because of slaughterhouse, wouldnt mind this one too, it probably is the least fun map of the ones we have.

While we're at it, can we remove skinned weapons at last?

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

Farm Feud was going to receive an update years ago, however Johnny stopped playing. He was going to expand the map out and it was going to be an alien invasion themed map (think the cows were being taken by aliens). I still probably have the update on my main computer, however it's heavily incomplete.

10. Selvar Uhu

Well, so if there isn't any update ready for this map then coudn't it get removed from playable maps for now. It's terrible to play, with no place to hide at all.

11. -M-m- herpderp

Yeah ph_farm & maze should be removed, they aren't fun to play at all, you just rush around until you either die or the time runs out 99% of the time anyone that is regular on the server is on.

12. You mean Farm feud? Imo Farm is fine as it is.
    Maze is still playable because it keeps changing itself everytime, of course not with much people.
    But Farm feud? Fuck that map, ph_island is more fun than that disaster.Dark or Powerlord or whoever, come on. Respond at least...

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

Removed arena_farm_feud_b1 from the mapcycle.

14. Thank you for responding!

Would like to ask if some other maps in admin menu would be added or replaced. I put on some maps to try on the server and see how are they and public reaction, these were pretty liked and enjoyable:

arena_desolation_pb1 instead of arena_desolation_rc1 (rc1 is such a mess, not sure why it ever replaced pb1)
    ph_cyberpunk_a3
    ph_kakariko_b1
    ph_redstone_a2
    ph_spookycanyon_a1
    ph_town_a4 (would've been great if this was called spooky_town or something since its a darker version of town with some extra things, like other spooky titled maps, would be good for both towns to be in rotation but oh well)
    arena_storm_b1c
    ph_range_a3

As the GM member who played more ph than anyone here, i can say it would be a really welcome change to see more added maps, haven't had this happen since 2014-2015 i think, so its been a while.

Would be nice if one day some new maps were added to admin menu, im sure theres like a hundred new ones to try too.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Gaw discord is my friend now

Alright, made all of those changes too. Kept both ph_towns in rotation. I'm not sure why all those maps were commented out - they could cause crashing or something, so watch out for that. Can't promise I'll be adding new maps etc, I'm doing these changes as they are incredibly simple.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  16. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

More advanced than I, Boss Gaw.

Good man, and thank you.

17. Cactus The key is to never give up

bring back ph_swamp

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Elevators when?

19. Yesss, but If swamp comes back, bring ph_island_b17 in the rotation too then, arguably better in every way than swamp.

20. Cactus The key is to never give up

While you're at it can we get tf2 roleplay mod as well (and perhaps anime beach volleyball) cos I never played either of them ok thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)