Remember me?

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by DR3AM, 22 Aug 2011.

1. Hello again,

As it so happens to be I was bored out of my mind last friday and figured I might as well go on and give this prophunt mapping thing another go. So here we are a few days later and I present a new map by my hand:

Screens for those who like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yeah, another map, this one might be a bit small (about the size of maze I think, but at least this one has more height-variation-stuff-whatever-you-want-to-call-it), haven't had the chance to test it with a decent amount of people of course, but it has a fair amount of escape routes out of every room so I'm hoping it'll play more like a prop-hunt map instead of a prop-hide map (also, the round time is set for 2 minutes, so that should help I hope).

I'll just leave this here and hopefully you'll all like it (and if not, so be it, at least I wasn't bored this weekend).

ye olde download links be here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2028950/ph_chapel_rc1.bsp

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2028950/ph_chapel_rc1.cfg

(also, if anyone does decide to give it a go and happens to find any bugs please let me know, I've been staring at this thing for the past 72 hours or so and therefore I might not notice things others might).

(also also, if people like the feel of it but it turns out it really is way too small keep in mind that expansions can always be made, so let me know I'd say).

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

People hate playing small maps. Either make it bigger or its never gonna be played apart from the first few times.

3. box Banned

Wrong. While I haven't explored it myself, there's nothing wrong with small maps. I would say thats more of the reaction for large maps (redstone, cyberfuck, cargo, hotel, etc). What's the comparative size of this map - farm feud? Harvest? Manor? Lumberyard?

4. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You're the one that's wrong ,this map seems about the size of maze.. and NOBODY plays that!

5. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Well that's because maze is absolute rubbish, not just because of the size of the map.

From the screenshots, looks damn good. If it does need slightly expanding, shouldn't be too difficult.

Good job

6. It needs more elevators.

7. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

There is actually an underground area which isn't shown very much in those pictures, it could do with its floor made lower/ceiling higher in most places though, to give more jumping room, as could a lot of the map imo.

The mechanism that opens the glass doors that open into the areas with the 'A' and 'B' capture point decals needs scrapping imo, if you walk up to them from either side, they should open, currently it's a big slow down and could be confusing.

It's not as small as the pictures make it appear, but it's still not that big.

8. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

2 Control Points please.

9. box Banned

As a small map it doesn't look TOO bad, however I'd recommend bumping up the light though. Seems a bit too dark.

10. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Actually, I think the lighting is perfect. It gives the props an element of surprise and extra places to hide(Sort of).

11. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The idea of two control points is stupid and unfair .. if you are found you shouldnt be allowed to run around and since that is what prophunt has developed into latley its really pissing me off - the idea is to hide and if youre found you shouldnt really survive , not hide or run around. 2 controls points would only increase the ammount of people who do this.

12. Just a little update, I'm working on adding a new area to the map at the moment, this should at the very least make it a decent sized map I think.

As far as the door suggestion goes:

I have moved the door triggers so that now they should open as soon as you come running through one of the hallways. (the reason they were the way they were before was that my first plan was to make the doors 'hidden-ish' but now that they're so obvious it makes sense for them to open up more easily)

I'll see about lowering the floors at least in the 'blue storage room' area, the red room mostly looks/feels fine to me.

The light is a tricky thing, my monitor is quite dark by default (even some official valve maps have area's where I have a hard time seeing the enemy if I don't bump up my brightness) but a quick run through on my laptop wasn't that bad, so balancing this for everyone is hard enough as it is I think. I will agree with what was said before and just say that the somewhat darker lighting will help the props on a map that doesn't really rely on size.

On the matter of adding more control points, this seems like a great idea, in fact, I'm seriously considering making the entire floor out of control points on this already giant map....... (no I'm not a fan of having multiple cp's in a map)

As for me personally I don't mind a smaller map with enough routes for scouts to escape. This gives the pyros a chance to at least search the entire map within the round time but also gives the scouts a chance of not losing by default when they're found.
    Also, the proplist for this map doesn't include any huge props like blocks of concrete or giant wood piles, so there's that.

13. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Good job, Dr3am.

Thanks for putting fourth the effort of making a new PropHunt Map. I'm very much looking forward to some playtests.

14. Well, I think I've got it all done as good as I'm going to get it for now.

Thar be new download links for whoever would like to try it out:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2028950/ph_chapel_rc1.bsp

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2028950/ph_chapel_rc1.cfg

Major changes include:
    -Moved several door triggers
    -Added a bit more space
    -Lowered the floor in the blu 'storage room'

That'll be all for now. And remember, respect our lord and saviour jebus christ, so don't go shooting him, or stuff that looks like him, now.
    (Also, I wonder if anyone found MJ yet)

15. Installed on the GM server, just get an admin to change map :)

16. Awesome thanks. :)

Also, after walking around a bit more I realized I forgot to add sound to the waterfall.. but ohwell.. that's nothing gamebreaking I think. I'll change that if and when people find more problems.

17. BuPyC Buy PC :]

That map is too big and boring. That's why it being played very seldom.

18. that actually looks pretty nice, id play that!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ph_chapel_rc1.bsp

2. prophunt cargo hidden room