Scam Attempt - Artificial Value

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SirThrocken, 28 May 2018.

1. SirThrocken Tutant Meenage Neetle Teetles

So a friend of mine was recently contacted by this lovely chappie: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125021096

They wanted this trade: [​IMG]

2 Battle scarred low tier skins for a 5 key taunt
    I dismissed it as random spam, but looking on backpack.tf i found this:

[​IMG]

I was suspicious, so i did some further digging, and lo and behold my suspicions were confirmed
    [​IMG]
    The current sell price for this skin is £0.14, not the £13.50 charge listed on backpack.tf.
    Obviously, i then tried to find out the reason behind this massive price difference.
    [​IMG]
    On May 12th, two of these medguns were sold for £65 each. I would hazard a guess that as backpack.tf works on averages, the subsequent value of the item then went up completely disproportionately. I have no idea if this was intended as a very elaborate scam or not, but this should serve as a PSA to check offered items more thoroughly. I know people who swear by backpack.tf as the most reliable price source, so this should serve as a warning that it can mess up, and could cost you a fair bit.

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  2. [​IMG]
    I noticed this a few days ago. I'm rich!

3. SirThrocken Tutant Meenage Neetle Teetles

Seems like skin prices are up the creek now, guess I just have to not accept them in future

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)