Some weird prop models

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Robbiebob, 8 Aug 2009.

1. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Some weird prop models

Yesterday I noticed some weird things with some props, especially with the extremely large ones. Like the large pile of planks, when you have that prop it's really hard to get on stairs or move through small places because the middle of my screen was almost totally filled with that prop, same with the large white "box". Also, when you look up or down the prop goes with it as well, so you have that box up in the air like a slash ( / ) or something...

Am I the only one being bothered or have more guys seen this?? Cuz when I'm a large prop I srsly get killed within 10-20 seconds or so...

2. Re: Some weird prop models

If you took out the big props there would be less than 10 props per map to choose from :/

3. Re: Some weird prop models

Learn to hide

4. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Some weird prop models

Big props rule.
    Really, I tend to hide really well with them.

5. Geit Coding wizard!

This is why I want to change FOV, have you considered using MikeJS's code from Instagib to do this dark?

6. Re: Some weird prop models

It does, but people complained about anything over 100

7. Geit Coding wizard!

In instagib you type !fov # to change your FOV to what you like.

8. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Or make it adjust with the mouses scroll wheel, but I guess what might be a bit hard.

9. Re: Some weird prop models

FOV isn't the problem though :/

10. Geit Coding wizard!

No, No and No Reag. I run in tools mode, so touching my mousewheel makes my HUD turn off and all kinds of funky things.

11. Geit Coding wizard!

FOV Let's you see your surrondings more easily, and gives the impression that the camera has been zoomed out, allowing you to see past your obscenely large prop.

12. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Ignore the suggestion then. :suicide:

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, after you have played a few times with the big props, you get a feeling how to move with it ......

Btw: the "stairs" are funny as hell, survived 2 times in a row with, because the pyros failed to hit the scout, they were aiming for every spot of the prop but where the scout modell was bound at xD

14. Re: Some weird prop models

I'm pretty sure PoV isn't the problem. The problem is that the prop's dimensions are so large, when moving/rotating, the ends of the prop move into the camera. It's annoying, but you get used to it. Stairs are hard, but that's because you can't tell what random part of the prop is the scout's hitbox and what is isn't.

With big props, yes, you'll probably be found relatively quickly and die. This isn't always the case. If you pick a good spot, act naturally, and have good luck, you might survive. At the very least you'll take up some of the searchers' time if you run and jump after being found. Sometimes you can hide near somebody with a smaller prop and be a diversion to let that person survive.

Big props aren't the only problems though. The giant vase/urn/pot prop is especially bad because the scout's hitbox doesn't even touch the visible part of the prop. On arena_concord_b3, you can be disguised as the front panel of a machine. It's really, really thin. When I hid in a corner or near an object, I could frequently make myself completely invisible.

It doesn't matter too much though. After playing this for a couple hours after seeing a video of it on my recommended YouTube videos (doesn't say too much about what I watch there), I've found it really fun. And while I enjoy fragging and point capturing, this is a nice diversion despite its couple glitches.

15. Re: Some weird prop models

Our new stats (which I'm currently working on) will soon reveal what props are unfair :)

16. Spykodemon Disabled account

On a graph? \o/

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I personally, LOVE big props, you can plonk yourself right in front of the blue team and they just ignore you most of the time.

The prime example was when I sat as the concrete block outside blues spawn on timbertown, so funny taunting people with the scouts voice when your the last person.

18. Orion Dismantler of the sun

That was win Reag, wish my demo of that was longer.

19. Geit Coding wizard!

I once saw an epic Concrete block on Warehouse, he was just sitting by the tree at the edge of the doors, a pyro checked all around him, under the tree, and then tried to jump ontop of the concrete block, which gave the prop away.:<

20. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

This is why I can't wait for the auto demo feature.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gaming prop models