Starbound General Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound' started by Gaw, 20 Jul 2013.

1. One person is going to try really hard to get whitelisted and is unable to play because they cracked it.

GG

2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

3. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

my permadeath didnt last too long (Hunger OP)
    [​IMG]

4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

5. Would appear that the latest update has made the server totally unstable, public is crashing every ~45-60 minutes

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

im sure they did mention something about server files getting changed sometime soon

7. Seems the latest update (an hour or so ago) hasn't helped the situation

8. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

My poor 3-month old never-touched or played-with abused character was wiped.

Oh well.

9. it would appear they've not fixed the server memory leaks at all

8 hours uptime, 12gb ram used

10. turns out i have this game, any good?

11. It's sort of Terraria 2.0, much smoother, much funner, more content, and I don't mean like Terraria's excuse of "you get to farm this resource for another ten hours for a new sword" but like instruments which you can download more songs on to play in game and other really nifty things.

12. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

In terraria, you also run out of things to do fairly quickly as the world size it rather limited and the items that you can find in chests are also very much the same.

Each world in starbound, you can think of like each world in terraria, but in order to progress in the starbound you must visit more difficult worlds as you progress, instead of your single world being made steadily more difficult as you progress.

13. Loky Nox

Anyone planning playing on saturday? I would be happy to join.

14. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  15. updated servers

16. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

For Trackmania?

:chord:

17. Fun facts:

- We're in the top 5-10 servers by player count pretty much 24/7
    - Rank #2 on gametracker, probably the most accurate metric
    - Still unoptimised trash, often requires the entire CPU for 20 players - the same amount of power required for 200+ players of TF2
    - About half of the SSD's lifetime write cycle usage is directly attributable to starbound
    - Can count on my fingers the number of people who have joined the forum as a result of starbound despite how insanely popular our server is

Last edited: 16 Jun 2014
  18. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

I keep forgetting that I own this game...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Just remembered about this game and got to it's Steam page. So many "not recommend" reviews now.
    This game started so good. Why devs spoiled it so hard ._.

20. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Well to be fair with the way they got super lazy with Terraria updates you could see it happening again, the team seems to put out a game with interesting plans but never really delivers fully, which is probably why it's got so many not recommended reviews, you can't hype something up and not deliver to expectations and think people will be happy with it, same reason why I don't watch movie trailers anymore

That all said I was happy enough with the hours I put in at launch for me it was price justified just a pity they didn't capitalize on it

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)