Starbound General Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound' started by Gaw, 20 Jul 2013.

1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Soooooo...Starbound finally released.

• Story quests
    • Colonisation
    • Ship crew
    • Procedurally generated quests (might only be for your colonists)
    • Combat massively reworked
      • Different types of weapon feel more unique, e.g. 1-handed axe->hold to lift it up and release to swing, spear->click to jab, hold to keep spear at length, damaging enemies that come into contact
      • Special attacks that drain your energy. I found a spear that on right click literally became a flamethrower.
      • Enemies now have specific attacks and only hurt you when doing them->contact damage removed(might be some cases where it's still a thing)
    • Hunger is a thing again (warmth has not returned)
    • Supposedly pets should be more involved now, but they don't seem much different yet
    • It seems techs no longer cost energy, instead having cooldowns and you can get at least double jump and dash for free. Though you can't do stuff like double jumping and then dashing, using the double jump disables your dash temporarily.
    • You can sell stuff to the shop on the outpost that sells you fuel for your ship
    • Matter manipulator can be upgraded in the order you want (mining speed, mining area, mining range, extra utilities like being able to 'mine' liquids)
    • Planets have more biome diversity
    • Most crafting takes time to complete now, so don't close the ui and wonder where the stuff you crafted have gone. (This is a pretty unnecessary change to be honest)
    • Supposedly lots of work went into server stability and optimisation once the game was feature complete, but we've heard basically nothing on that subject since they said it was being worked on, so I'm sceptical.
    • And more stuff that I don't remember.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Thank fuck.

If anyone wants to play this again I'm down fro starting from scratch and going in blind

3. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ive restarted. Dunno if anybody else wants to play as well?

4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Ill make sure to keep that off then ;)

6. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

7. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

I'd recommend to everybody who plays this to download the frackin' universe mod, imo the progression in vanilla is super tiny and you can finish it super quick, frackin universe adds more ores which require more exploration to get and adds more lategame stuff, plus a ton of general good stuff to have, like more armour sets, more weaponry, more machinery, dna sampling labs, etc etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)