Swapteam Bug

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Pug, 15 Jan 2017.

1. It's fairly well known now; as an engineer, when using "!swapteam", any buildings previously built buildings stay with you, this means that you are able to build an exit as one team, switch to the other and build an entrance, allowing yourself and teammates to pass through. This leaves the enemy unable to destroy the exit.

It used to be funny, but has become rather annoying as more and more people have started doing it.

2. Report the exploiter to an admin, warn them first, if they don't care, then we'll take care of them. It's probably (?) not an orange specific problem

3. -M-m- herpderp

It would be a good idea to spread it out that exploits is a 3 day ban even if its their first ban. Otherwise id say a week long one.

The rules mention it after all that exploits arent allowed.

4. I have removed swapteam until Valve fix the issue

5. How do we know that it is on Valve's side, and isn't specific to swapteam?

6. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Well it happens on my servers including MvM. Valve probably won't care as it dosen't matter to Casual matchmaking.

7. I could hack the swapteam plugin to search for and remove engineer buildings, but effort

There's no way this was always a thing, someone would have noticed before now

8. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Its only been recent and hopefully it'll be patched sometime soon

9. Yea but this is Valve, give it 6 months or so :P

10. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

@Dark "
    • Fixed a bug related to changing teams that caused various issues related to weapon projectiles, Engineer buildings and game modes"
    Bug fixed, update just released

11. Reinstalled the addon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)