Sword Art Online General

Discussion in 'Weeaboo Corner' started by Brent, 23 Dec 2012.

1. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Spoiler alert:

Only watched because of the promising start, just to see ASUNA GETTING RAPED BY ANGRY ENEMY LEADER BOSS BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH FANSERVICE YET AFTER THEY SHOVE >9000 BOOBSHOTS IN YOUR FACE.

True story.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. I loved it from start to finish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok maybe i was a little bit meanie. It certainly had some good parts. Like in the midseason final I loved the epic fight beween a motiveless bad guy and a young boy who changes the rules of the game the entire time.
    But I have to admit, I enjoyed every episode and that's what matters probably.

4. Yeah. Just take it for what it is ^^
    I enjoyed it immensely. Having Tit shots in an anime is hardly anything new these days. I've gotten so used to it, I hardly consider it "fan-service" :P

What surprised me was the last villain.
    I mean I thought that he would save her before humiliation would start. But they went all the way. That surprised me. I want more animes like that.

5. Lol, i liked it too :P and not because of boob shots but cool story, you never see a good anime these days with like a lone wolf hero type of guy :P well maybe Ichigo from bleach but he has shit loads of friends and its different :P

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

Not sure if will watch.

7. Ichigo wants to protect his friends at all times.
    Kirito wants to be alone to not have friends who can get hurt.

8. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Don't, it's just another generic .//hack clone and that isn't saying fucking much about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Just finished watching, easily in my top 5. Very few other animes have such strong emotional impact in just about every episode, usually only at the end of a story arc.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That joke made my day. Thanks

you weren't serious right

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  11. Incoming shitstorm about opinions and personal impact of show.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

on my to-watch list. Is it good? :P

13. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you are just like dark you'll think it's the best show ever except it's not.

SOA is gorgeous to look at and the music is superb. The action scenes are eyecandy and probably the best thing of the show.

However it lacks consistency and originality. SOA is drowned in clichés and cute characters. -cute characters is actually bad. The show presents itself really serious in the beginning with a lot of potential, but after that it becomes a romance simulator where every girl in the game wants to fuck kirito. Character development is way too hasty.

After the first three episodes it felt like you were watching several OVAs and extra episodes, in gaming terms side-quests. Apparently the main character didn't care about getting the fuck out of here anymore. Instead he spends time with his girlfriend and is solving problems that has nothing to do with anything.
    Then just before the ending of the midseason it feels like the makers were "oh shit duuude we gotta make an ending because we got this contractthingy". The final boss has a laughable motive and the fight is really lazy.

The second part of the anime. I just don't know. The fear of dying is gone, but now kirito has to do something else really really fast. But just like the phasing of the first half he first has to do some fucking sidequests in order to get there. It is hold together by breast support.

7/10 Solid

Last edited: 3 Aug 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

/lock

15. BlueheadedPants Why Hello There

I personally really liked this anime, I thought at times I wish there was episodes covering the gaps between going from level 10 to freaking 50 (Exaggeration) and I just wanted it to be a bit longer.

16. jackjt8 Ryhida

TBH, you can't blame the Anime. It was based off of a light novel which, for the fact they where in there for 2 years, didn't have much content for the first arc. Then i kinda feel like the second arc was dragged out a bit. I mean, 13 odd episodes for a week of events? :/

Either way, it was a good Anime and i'm hoping they do come back for season 2, i mean, the director wants to, it just depends on how well it sells. And, I'm not all that hyped for the 3th arc.. GGO, but it'll be cool. I mainly want the 4th arc of alicization cause that's when the light novel started to really pick up speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Yuga Yuga Dragneel of Fairy Tail

I think SAO Is a great anime to watch! I cant wait for SAO Season 2 and after watching it, it made me want to go back to playing Anime themed MMORPGs :D Its the various scenes and the drama that made me want to watch more. I definitely recommend it as a first anime is you want to get into anime.

18. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

19. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I definitely can't help but feel a bit rubbed wrongly when you hear people declaring it "one of the best animes of all time". I appreciate opinions and all, and it was a pretty decent show tbh (6 or 7/10 imo, but keep in mind I go by 6 = fair, 7 = pretty good etc not the shitty metecritic "7 = AVERAGE"), but I can't help but want to throw a list of "WATCH THESE FUCKING ANIMES RIGHT NOW YOU SHIT" whenever someone announces that SOA is one of the best animes of all time. It's like someone really enjoying a decent film like Drive and going "#woah i've watched literally about 20 films in my life but now i shall defend this movie as one of the greatest of all time!!11!11!"

• Douglas Douglas x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

20. [​IMG]

It is an opinion comrade, he's not declaring one of the best of all time

calm down friend

21. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

wat

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular in this thread

I was talking in general about fanbases

22. calm down friend you're really knocking down my wigwam

23. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

i have to knock it down to crawl inside

i can't do vertical openings

i have to make your wigwam's opening horizontal so i crawl into it llewy

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)