Sword Art Online General

Discussion in 'Weeaboo Corner' started by Brent, 23 Dec 2012.

1. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

I liked SAO.

Although I liked the action, the 2nd arc really wasn't as enjoyable as the first.

It felt a bit angsty, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. SAO is one of the best animes of all time.

I should watch it sometime.

3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

The first half in anicrad was amazing. The second half in (forgot name) was so-so. Also, anyone watched the extra episode? Aired on new year. And s2 coming this year.

4. Even though I have only watched SAO, I feel that it is one of the greatest animes I have watched so far.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Wait they are continuing the series?

• Late Late x 3
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  6. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Only just found out? :P The extra episode is more of a recap and the main females in bikinis which is pretty sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. spidEY シスコン

My friend told me it was a vast disappointment and that I shouldn't even bother watching it. A two hour waste.

8. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Agree to disagree. Seeing Asuna in a bikini made it worth it. I'm exited for s2. Have high hopes for it.

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 2
    • List
  9. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I didn't realise there was a special episode.

Currently downloading.

• Late Late x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

torrent pls

11. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

irc master race

12. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Can confirm. Wasn't exactly a waste of two hours, more a waste of an hour and thirty minutes. Last half an hour was pretty good, everything up to that was just tits and a huge recap of the story.

I can remember what happened, I don't need you to go over it pls.

It's a very Gnome episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

new season? What so you think so far? More Kirito it is!!!

14. To be honest I don't like SAO that much, I mean, it does have some good points like the action and the soundtrack. But I feel it took itself way too seriously and that kinda ruined it for me. I used to really like it, but now after seeing a lot of anime which I thought were a lot better, it opened my eyes to realise that the show wasn't worth as much praise as I gave it. The beginning episodes were quite good and if they carried on like that the anime would've been quite decent. Also, I think the first arc would've been enough, as to me the second arc just felt like an excuse the make the season longer. But this is all my opinion though and I respect that people like it even if I don't. But that's my thoughts on it, it's definitely not one of the worst animes out there, and i would never say to someone to never watch it because it can appeal to a lot of audiences, especially the gaming community. Which is probably one of the reasons I liked it so much. And also any character development felt rushed and it would've been a lot better if it took its time. But as I said all my opinion, please don't get butt-hurt over this, just saying my thoughts.

15. Well its not really one of the worst at all, but not even close to being best. In my opinion the first arc was probably the worst because nothing made sense in its final episode, asuna dying, but actually not, kirito dying, but actually not, kirito ages a lot more than asuna when they wake up, the creator had no reason for doing this at all, episode 14 was one of the worst anime episodes i've ever seen and accoring to myanimelist, i've seen over 9000 so yeah. Fairy arc was way more fun. S2 gun gale was great fun imo but the excalibur and the Yuki saving arc were trash. Overall its a solid 6/10 anime, was a huge influence to many anime in the last few years, and honestly, only few were ever better than it, most notably KonoSuba nailed the living in fantasy world "genre".

16. I agree with you on the episode 14 stuff, that was terrible. Although I haven't seen S2 in its entirety, I have seen the gun gale arc and it was more fun compared to S1 I feel. And also the kinda... Rape.... in S1 made me feel very uncomfortable and really didn't have to happen. Kirito could've just somehow gone in his God mode before the rape, that would've been much better in my opinion.

17. Eh whats a "mainstream" anime without a rapey villain. Nothing else really to say about this show, was important for the anime industry and gave "birth" to a new anime genre, well made it a lot more common at least.

18. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

The last parts of the Mother Rosario arc (yukis arc) was great, i loved that arc so fucking much.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)