Tekkit 3.0

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Rioter, 10 Jun 2012.

1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

[​IMG]
    ---

The GM Tekkit server is being updated to version 3.0.4

As a result of changes within Tekkit, the map is being reset.

The new updated server should be up shortly.

2. Cactus The key is to never give up

You owe me all my redmatter or uboring

3. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I owe you nothing, same as I do not owe MC 1,000,000,000c on the main server.

4. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Upgrade now complete, got distracted with F1.

If anything is missing server wise, let me know.

5. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

6. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Define Permissions....

Dynamic Map I need to do a new full render.

7. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Odd, that should have copied over from the old map! Essentials hasn't been changed apart from me updating it to the latest version.

Odd.

9. Samuel3980 Nerdifying the world since 1999.

Hey, when I log onto the server it says 'You need to have these mods:' and then comes up with a list of all the mods in tekkit. I have updated and have completely removed tekkit and re-installed it but it still doesn't work.
    Any help?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. What kind of things does it change? Is it anything significant or?

11. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Changes:
    - Updated to latest Nuclear Control Bukkit port
    - Updated to latest Equivalent Exchange Bukkit port
    - Updated to latest RedPower2 Bukkit port

On second thoughts, it's only a server update, client doesn't need to be touched.

Also:
    The new server packs no longer contain any bukkit plug-ins by default :P Manually it is for you. Unlucky, man.

12. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

You really missed the part where I said I copied over from the old server.

Anyway, permissions is sorted, dynamic map is up though it needs to do a full render, crafting should be fixed.

Samuel: Not sure what your problem is, since everyone else seems to be working fine. Try a fresh copy of Tekkit.

13. Cactus The key is to never give up

Well the main thing, in my opinion is that the mod nows run minecraft at 1.2.5 (the current state of minecraft), which means the new mob ai, upside down half slabs+stairs, coloured wood.

I haven't played much, but I know they have made metal chests, which are regular chests, but they have larger storage space.

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Some new items and stuff: (haven't tested them all, and there is definitely more than this, these are just my highlights)
    Buffer:
    • Accepts items from both Pneumatic Tubes (redpower item transport) and buildcraft pipes
    • Has a small amount of storage for items
    • Outputs items to an attached Wooden/Gold Pipe (buildcraft) or an adjacent Filter (redpower) (input facing the Buffer)
    Advanced wooden pipe:
    • Can be selected to either only pull out specific items, or exclude pulling out certain items
    • (used to crash the game client, fixed now)
    Redpower computers:
    More redpower 'tubes':
    • Tubes to carry liquid, and more
    More Redpower circuitry blocks:
    • Such as the Randomizer and Light sensor
    • All circuit blocks can be placed on the sides of blocks now (like the wiring could)
    Redpower Frames:
    Metal Chests:
    • The better metal, the more space in the chest
    • Diamond chest looks about the same size as an alchemical chest
    • Not sure how well they interact with other blocks (piping etc.)
    • Crystal chest, an upgrade to the diamond chest, will display its contents inside the transparent block
    Nuclear Reactor Monitoring:
    New railcraft tracks:
    • Looks like a lot has been replaced, modified or added
    COFFEE :awesome:
    • Doesn't look like the Rum and other drinks are craftable yet, but coffee is!
    Equivalent Exchange:
    • Bugfixes only:
    • Worthy of note is that the dupe bug involving energy collectors is fixed
    • And that items which can't go into the transmutation tablet are no longer dropped on the floor/disappear
    • Oil buckets and uranium ore now have an emc value
    Wireless redstone:
    • Old system has been replaced with a new one, not sure how it works (is apparently good at crashing servers, will want to keep a look out if people start to use it)
    New macerator recipe:
    • 1 Blaze rod -> 5 blaze powder
    • In EE, 1 Blaze rod = 2 Blaze powder

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Why not make the Tekkit server public again, but have a Clan/whitelisted only warp to an area far away from spawn (100k blocks) and make sure that any items that could accidentally the server or large areas are not permitted for basic users. Apologies if this is a stupid idea in some way I have not thought of, it would be more hassle what with maintaining another permissions group, and Tekkit can be a griefer's wet dream sometimes, but in short:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I'll look into it. I wasn't around when the whitelist came into effect, but I do feel removing it, but ENSURING things like nuclear bombs don't work in protected areas. That's the problem at the moment.

17. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Apex has reset the map, apparently apart from Jungle biomes the map is exactly the same as before.

18. Samuel3980 Nerdifying the world since 1999.

I've sorted my problem. Apparently the tekkit has been drawing information from my .minecraft instead of the .techniclauncher. I just copied over the files from the tekkit folder into the .minecraft

19. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Now, I thought this was quite a good way to generate EMC, I was mistaken, it's ridiculously OP.
    [​IMG]
    Top is 1 night of a nearing completion 'EMC Flower' (currently missing two MK3 Relays and their corresponding MK1 Energy Collectors) and the bottom is the ridiculous new macerator machine which both generates emc and generates eu's to keep itself powered, this is with only 1 macerator running at full speed with an mfe (14 overclockers [14500 rpm], can get even faster with an mfsu) and 1 macerator at 3 overclockers (9000 rpm). In the time it took me to make this message, I gained 12 red matter.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  20. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

A quick question for you Tekkit Wizards:

Once one has Coffee Beans and Hops in their possession...how does one actually brew Beer and Coffee?

I've done several searches on how to brew such things, but all I can find are tutorials on how to grow such things.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tekkit rum

2. how to make rum in tekkit

3. tekkit chest upgrade

4. tekkit coffee beans,
  5. tekkit rum recipe,
  6. tekkit thermal monitor,
  7. coffee beans tekkit,
  8. thermal monitor tekkit,
  9. how to get coffee beans in tekkit,
  10. rum tekkit