Tekkit Downtime

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Rioter, 8 Jul 2012.

1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Someone explain what the hell happened last night. From what I could understand at the time, someone's house was being dismantled, explosions, server crash, rollback, and then the server was terminated while the map was saving causing massive issues.

At the moment, server is unresponsive full stop, and every time I try and put it back up I get this stuck in my face.

So.. yeah...

If anyone knows a fix say it now.

Unfortunately I don't have any map backups, if the map is buggered. Regrettably I've had better things to worry about than tekkit servers.

So...

2. Cactus The key is to never give up

inb4 my villagers are all dead

3. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

The map is dead, you plant :/.

4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

My suggested actions: (lower numbers should probably be done before higher numbers)
    (1)Open world in MCedit, go to the suspected area, if there are a ton of entities (probably TNT or other explosives) delete them. (if the map won't even load in mcedit, I don't think we have much hope)

(1)Give the server a fuck ton of memory temporarily and try and let it sort out the problem itself, you may need someone to log in nearby so that the chunks are loaded. (according to a fairly limited google search, this happens when somebody goes a bit far with TNT, and the server runs out of memory, unable to successfully explode all the TNT. People tend to have this problem when their server is using 32bit java, so has a rather limited amount of RAM it can use)

(2)Run http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-chunkster.8186/ or a similar chunk salvaging/repairing tool.

(2)Get somebody else to try and fix the map, e.g.: http://mcsaver.net/ (tbh, they will likely just use MCedit)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

This reminds me, we need a 'sad' rating.

Anyway, the very best of luck with fixing this - also because of egocentrism. :P

7. http://mc.gamingmasters.org/tekkit/

The massive red broken square to the North-West of the spawn is the TnT, and the grey is the crater that managed to get blown before the server crashed - the rest of the TnT is unexploded. The thing that got blown up is the chest room of me and speed's house - but we had already emptied it merely hours before (thank God) and it's near our abandoned spawn house.

So yeah, we're fine.

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Question, why are there weird black shapes (like some sort of triangle and a few squares)? Unexplored train? But then why are those shapes so weird?

Anyway, thank you Hooch, Cen, and Jack.

I doubt the TNT would have been used had we not moved, but hey, maybe someone would have used it, so thanks for saving us. :P

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

If you can't remove the tnt, but water on it? That may help as no blocks wil be broken so it wil reduce lag?:)

WHILE WE WAIT.... LETS GO HUNGER GAAAAAAAAAAMES

10. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Its mainly the lighting calculations with TNT which take the time, removing and replacing over 100k blocks is not too big a deal (I've used some massive Worldedit clipboard just fine). It has got alot better since lighting went mostly clientside.
    From looking at the dynmap, providing the chunk saving while quit didn't majorly screw something up, it looks like a relatively easy MCEdit job. If you don't have time to do it Rioter, if you can find some way of getting the map to me I can give it a go (I have experience moving an entire fuklly explored 5k map up 32 blocks using MCEdit among other things).
    Also y u no backup.

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Seriously WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!?!? So this is how people handle other peoples long hours and hard work?? We blow the fucking place up for our own fucking fun?? Fucking grow up destroy your own fucking shit and PISS THE FUCK OFF!!!! FOR FUCKE SAKE!!!!!!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sweaty Sweaty x 1
    • List
  12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hmm?

As far as I know, our (Hellreaver's and mine) abanoned storage room was blown up, right? Well, I tore the whole place down and basically left a shell of mossy stone standing. Oh, and I think I left the sign with the coordinates of the End Portal hang there, but coffee knows those coordinates anyway. So it's not a big deal.

That said, I agree for 102% with your message. And, assuming he or she didn't know we didn't care for our old storage room anymore (how could he or she have known we didn't?)...

13. Cactus The key is to never give up

-ignore- (I won't delete as that is disagree dodging .

14. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

No no, now I want to see what you said. :P

I promise to rate it friendly!

Maybe...

15. Zetsumei Spaceman

I'm sorry guys i'm a treble person i should never play with admin on tekkit when I'm drunk i will go hide away now =[

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

OK.

Tekkit server is back up, however massive rollback, anything near spawn has been regenerated, and random files are missing.

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  18. Zetsumei Spaceman

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  19. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

What a suprise.

The server goes down and it's the GAY guy who gets the blame.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  20. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Well, it was his fault. That's a solid fact. Not unsupported blame.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jav.88.net

2. jav 88 net

3. jav66net

4. JAV.66.net,
  5. tekkit severe unexpected exception,
  6. how to fix tekkit unexpected exception,
  7. tekkit unexpected exception,
  8. tekkit server severe unexpected exception,
  9. java.lang.outofmemoryerror minecraft,
  10. dropcrack technic java.lang.outofmem9ryerror