Tekkit restricted

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Queenie, 18 Jul 2012.

1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I'd like to know what the rest thinks about closing the Tekkit server to the public untill we can protect our own things? There is too much griefing and even though none of my bases where blown up by randomers I am sick and tired of this. Mysterym and Jack's base both got blown to shit yesterday by friends of Malliot. If we can't play on the server normally. I spent an hour on closing up Jack's base so that there was no more water going into it and got all the fallen blocks that I could and put them in chests...He was lucky that most of his machines didn't get destroyed but still... :\

2. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

I think the requirement for the white list are a bit too forgiving.
    You should have someone that is actually GM member or even a manager to vouch for you to join the server.

3. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

But the majority of people that want to join the server will have probably never even talked to a GM member before so I cannot see how this would work.

4. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

I do not doubt that there are quite a few Tekkit server's out there that are open to general public so they could play there if they wish.
    After the recent griefings of our server, I think that this limitation might not be that harsh. Also the server won't become completely closed too.

5. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, besides yesterday (of which I know nothing, so I can't comment on that), what else has happened, except for Zets and all (who would have been whitelisted)... And the thing with druss...

Hmm, you might have a point. It's not as if this is the only Tekkit server in existence.

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

So when are we blowing their stuff up?

7. Cactus The key is to never give up

Why don't we just install big brother so we can roll back the players who have griefed? (finding them using hawkeye).

8. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

Or make it so that if someone griefs the person who vouched for them also gets banned?

9. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Nah Rossy, that'd really not be a good idea. The same goes for Cactus' first idea.

So when do we establish Oceania?

10. Cactus The key is to never give up

Why would my idea not be good? The admins would look at hawk eye, figure out who did the griefing, then using Big Brother, you can roll that player back so no griefing did occur, then of course, that player would be banned.

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

For now we can't do any roll back.. Hawkeye is too messed up said Cheffie. So there is no protection and no way to get stuff back..

We have done that but people still have lost their stuff and have to start over.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

See post above.. :P

13. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

You made two posts. I said 'Cactus' first idea'; your first post.

I'd say your second idea was a good one, but, apparently, impossible, sadly enough.

14. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

That's why a much harsher requirement for whitelist should be in place.

15. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

just make the tekkit server restricted to GM members (with the exception of some ofcourse).

that way we'll get to know the people before they join.

16. Agreed with Hooch. If they want to play on the server then they can come say hi and introduce themselves, instead of staying random strangers.

17. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Work in progress......

18. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I suppose I agree with Hooch as well.

But, I think those who are in now should stay.

19. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Alright, if I may weigh in on this topic.

I'm all for setting up the [GM] Community Tekkit Server. Just for "us" to play on. [GM] Clan (with a few blazing exceptions) and some of our more active and trusted Community Members are the only folks who are allowed.

I would suggest that a potential Tekkit Player pass a couple of simple tests first:

1) Join us on Mumble. Again, most of these randomers who have shown up have not joined the Mumble server. They have no real connection to us or our server. Thus, they have no respect for us or our server. You can join and not speak. Coffee is an example of this.

2) Play on the [GM] Vanilla Minecraft server for 3 Weeks. This is three weeks of playtime. Not just sign in once, and then not sign in again for two weeks. If they can play on our Vanilla server for 3 weeks, this will aid in weeding out the people who just want to show up and fuck about. I like the three weeks, as it sounds a bit more taxing than two or one week. If we say three weeks, it's something that you actually have to commit to.

If you can't commit to our requirements, then go find another server to potentially abuse.

20. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

S'all good save the 3 weeks of playtime part. 3 days maybe, but not 3 weeks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make an indestructible tekkit bas

2. tekkit indestructible spray