The bad thing that happened to you today.(Venting thread)

Discussion in 'Random' started by Akiba, 2 Mar 2013.

1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

She ain't worth the sweat to make tears, lad.

You dodged a bullet there. Anyone breaks up over a text ain't worth the time.

2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Partially fried my 6600k, gave it too many volts and now the system will only boot to os with 3 cores enabled... On the plus side, more of an excuse to build an AMD Ryzen system.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. -M-m- herpderp

How much voltage did you give it ? must have been closer too 1.6v at that point.
    Id check if you can find a used 7700k or simply get another used cpu & just throw it out on some site to sell it for a reasonable price.

4. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Had it set at 1.350 then vdroop ontop so it was more like 1.375, but then for some stupid reason i set the base voltage to 1.370 and then vdroop took effect and shot it over 1.4v, had to run 1.3+ to get the damm thing stable at 4.4GHz but the nonse i am forgot to turn vdroop off.

5. -M-m- herpderp

Hm that's still quite low honestly as intel sets a max of 1.52 i believe while people accept 1.45 as the absolute maximum for air & watercooling if you are pushing the chip too its limits.
    (Some people push 1.4v on proper watercooling systems closer too 4.8 - 5 ghz)

Sure it didn't burn the memory controller on one of the channels there on the motherboard rather then a cpu core ? seems to be more common to do then cpu cores.
    Id give it a go increasing memory voltage slightly as well while the rest stays at its standard settings in the bios including ram speeds too the standard specs of ddr3 or ddr4.
    (Bit above whats specified on the memory sticks is worth trying as well, like me running my ram at 1.56v instead of 1.5v for stability.
    (Got ddr3 here though so will be lower on ddr4.)
    1.35 i believe ddr4 is at right ?
    So 1.38v running at the standard 2133 mhz should work for testing if you do have 1.35v ram.
    & checking if the 4th core is still stable if you undo any overclocking for now that you got with 3 cpu cores.

6. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Been through all that, its a core thats gone, memory controller (somehow) is fine, gonna grab a 6700k to tide me over while i save for ryzen.

7. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Hopped a barrier and went over on my ankle on landing friday night and gon dun broke my foot. I'll be in a cast for 6 weeks so the entirety of the last semester of uni and it's very possible I'll need surgery. Good job dickwad.

• Funny x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Wizard x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Welcome to the club friend. Have been hugging the crutches for 6 months now (hopefully gonna be over soon). Wish you a fast recovery.

9. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

How the fuck have you been on crutches for 6 months??? These things are inhumane, they cause more pain than my fucking broken bone!

10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

You get used to it.

11. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

What Jack said, it was a pain at the start. Make sure yo have 2-3 fingers space between your armpit and the crutches

12. Hand fingers or foot fingers? ;p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

The foot fingers of the broken leg of course.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  14. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

RIP Chris Cornell, founder of Audioslave :(

15. Kutti Kutti

Today I spent £450 replacing my motorbike
    :FrankerZ:

16. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Replacing? What did you buy for £450?

17. Kutti Kutti

I traded in what was left and got a Speedfigher 2.

18. Selvar Uhu

Run for bus from uni, it came one minute earlier, run for next 300 m to catch it up, made it, pretty exhausted. After I get off the bus I see my tram, but well, was a bit late, next after few mins. Getting off the train. Next bus is late for 5 mins, great. Getting off the bus I see below my train decided to get away without me. Priceless view, really. Next train in one hour, so decided to write about it from boredom, yaay

19. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

you need a car or bike

20. Selvar Uhu

I have 18 km to uni, by car it would be probably more less 25 minutes, and with my great bus/tram/bus/train/walking connection it takes about 2 hours, I'm used to it, but this between 11:30 and 12:30 there are no trains to where i live so had to wait one more hour :saddowns:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)