The bad thing that happened to you today.(Venting thread)

Discussion in 'Random' started by Akiba, 2 Mar 2013.

1. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Wizard because mine is just 4 planks. Then again i do live in a cave

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. hateist i am a bunny.

i wanted to dye my hair blue. i realized it's violet when it was already on my hair. i washed it off. now it's red. fuck my life.

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Awww... But what's wrong with violet? It'd look cool?

4. Excluded from the group of friends getting a house next year due to numbers, looks like i'm living at home next year :(

5. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

6. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

PSU arrived today, I was so excited about it that I had already assembled the build apart from the power cables in the case. When I powered it on, I got a startup -fans whirr- shutdown cycle. After testing for ages I believe the problem is that the stock HSF had crappy thermal paste which didn't spread itself properly so I'm having to now buy some better thermal paste :<

EDIT: Hoping the CPU didn't actually fry, but I get the feeling that it was being shutdown before it could reach those temperatures.

7. If it's less of a whir and more of a brief twitch, you've shorted your motherboard

In fact it's probably that anyway, triple check there's no loose screws, proper standoffs, etc.

8. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Got to re-write all my English coursework for next Monday as my teacher is retarded and doesn't like the question i'm using for them. Dumb cunt could've told me beforehand :S

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

is this the one you told me about a week ago?

10. Got told I'm officially losing my job by the 26th of March after 5 years of being there... sad times...

11. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

may have been. looks like im in for an fun packed weekend though.

12. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Checked all of that first, took it out to breadboard etc.

And the fans whirr for a few seconds but then the CPU led comes on and they stop, then the process repeats. I was uber-careful about grounding myself and applying everything according to instructions so I'm quite annoyed by this :(

13. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

The one day(today) I need my computer to do an assignment I get a fucking trojan by opening a link a not so computer savvy friend sent me, spent the last 3 hours fixing it, total waste of a day

14. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

I used to send people I hate trojans, it works really well, especially if they are dumb (Which most were).

15. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

This was totally unintentional a friend wanted me to download a movie for him since he's too dumb to set up VPN to get past the security checks uni runs on downloads, he just happened to send me a highly infected link haha

16. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

well, things like that happen some times, be careful next time :cop: :P

17. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

If by careful you mean never downloading something for someone else again, then yes that was the plan

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. You send people you don't like trojans?

Hay Subv, how you doing?

19. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Where do I begin.

Was really hyped about getting my results from my January exams, thought I did so fucking good and thought I completely aced it all. Get a D in psychology and a U in biology. And to top that all off apparently i'm not even meant to be in sixth form as my ICT GCSE isn't "legit" or some shit. So if I want to stay in I have to either get it proven that i've got the qualification, or redo all the year 10 and 11 work.

Fuck life.

20. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Similar to Sundown I also got results back, to which I thought I was going to be really happy. Unfortunately the exams did not go as well as expected, and it appears that I will have quite a few exams in the Summer now. GG Exams GG.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)