This Is Scout, Rainbows Make Me Cry

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Shinkzy, 28 Feb 2012.

1. Shinkzy Living Legend

A random idea I had and threw it out to a few people currently online.

Once per map (or round?), somebody on the Red team is randomly assigned a Spy rather than Scout. They'll still be a Prop but move at Spy speed, have the single jump of a Spy and have all watches disabled. The upside? That random person will have a knife, or to spice things up a little more, the Spycicle?

Discuss.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. loll Master Exploder

They would look like a prop? Or a spy and disguise as a pyro?

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

A Spy, disguised as a Prop...with a fucking Spycicle?

I could not endorse this idea more if I tried.

Plus Fucking One!

4. Cactus The key is to never give up

Wouldn't the downside be, that as soon as you attempt to attack a pyro you could get burnt by the flamethrower, and you lose the spycicle? Then you wouldn't be able to run away easily.

Also would you get a choice, what would happen if you just wanted to hide, and did not want to be the spy?

5. >old skool ph
    >new features

Not saying it's a bad idea though :3

6. wouldnt that make it way to easy for the spy?

7. Daviez GMs personal Brony.

yeah, if the spy would disguise as a pyro I think thats would be a bit ... meh lol they are pyros. But if the spy would be a prop too, that would be a bit hard for the spy. Whatever, I actually like this idea!

8. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

cool idea, however I could imagine the spy's prop gets called out as soon as he kills someone, with the killcam working as it does.

9. LegolaSS Lava axe prop hunter

does the Spycicle give off a cold smoke like aura?

if so, it would show up on the spy prop when its held?... much like the sparking effect from the soda popper once its active...

also another thing is you wouldn't be able to see your spycicle, so you wouldnt be able to see if its going to backstab... i dont think its a bad thing but just want to point it out...

i think randomly once per map is good, i would say it would always have to be the spycicle... like a map given one *as a lot of people don't have it*

would give the players something to keep an eye out for as they never know when its coming :ohdear:

10. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Horrendous idea.

11. LegolaSS Lava axe prop hunter

i dont think its a "horrendous" idea... but if it was given to a player with some knowledge and skill... it could really upset the game balance for that round...

for example... lets take mountain as the map... and i get spy... there's 4v4 players... i happen to be the spy... so for the first 20 seconds of "hiding time" i run over to the blue spawn and climb up the cargo+boxes to the top railing *or even go onto the metal grid above that door if i could*... when the pyros come out i drop down and instantly stab one in the back... we are now a pyro down... i then catch up with another pyro who is patch spraying looking for props and stab him... so we are now 2 pyros down... at this point im assuming other pyros have worked out whats going on as people are typing in "WTF! / HAXOR!" or something like that... at which point i would get shot with flares or shotguns, if not i could always anti camp CP while people are waiting for health...

but it works both ways... say the same map, but with 12 people per side... as the spy i wouldn't be able to drop down and stab someone without getting flamed by a slightly slower pyro who was afk for a few moments... and once im found i haven't got the agility a scout has to escape... let alone once a few pyros have a couple of kills and can out run me... even with the ice's effect of putting me out... they can still hunt me down with axes and shotguns/flares.

personally i would like to see it tried... but i think in most cases the person been the spy would find it frustrating and limiting to where they can go... and how long they can survive after been found.

a "vote" for random spy per map wouldn't work as most people spam the first one or by accident "due to the fact of changing weapons"

if you were the spy would dying in the first 10 seconds and choosing scout reset you to scout if you didn't want to be the spy...

at the end of the day i think it depends on who is playing. noobs would die anyway (not knowing they were a spy), while people with a good idea might kill a few people if not all of them.

might be a very hard thing to get a good ballence, im not a fan of "one hit kills" as you don't have a chance to react. and i especially wouldn't like it if i was getting one hit kills on me as a pyro.

/end of wall of text

12. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Obvious problems:
    • One Hit Kill - Obvious mention as it is not only overpowered, but would understandably frustrate any BLU player who gets killed in such a manner.
    • The Principle - The mod is prophunt, the idea is that the props hide (and evade) with BLU searching for and killing them. Giving props weapons under any circumstances other than the last prop standing is defeating the purpose of the mod.
    • Movement Limitation - I can only speak for myself, but I would be extremely annoyed if I was assigned as "the spy" for a prop round. I don't want to spend my RED rounds trying to kill the BLU team because it's the only option I have after losing the mobility and jumping advantage I had over the BLU team.
    Maybe I have biased "old skool" views about the mod, but I just don't see how this would, in any capacity, enrich or improve gameplay.

13. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

its intended as a fucking joke . The whole idea of the old school PH event is to have fun , and this idea should provide nothing but.

14. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Pretty sure there is no mention from Shinkz in the OP that states or implies that this suggestion is just for the event.

My comments are intended as comments towards this being a permanent change for the mod. If it's just a joke idea to play with during the event, then obviously my previous 2 posts can be ignored.

15. LegolaSS Lava axe prop hunter

I agree, i would be a fun idea during the event(s), but i think it need alot more throught before running mainstream.

16. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

When Shinkz first came up with this idea , he came to me on Steam asked me something along the lines " What if on the ph thing randomly every round there was one scout with a knife equipped on red..?"

17. box Banned

Why are we shitting on the mod from how it is? A year ago or even 6 months ago people would be crying foul quite loudly. There are more important glitches that need to be fixed etc rather than a new and unnecessary, if unneeded, gimmick.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this is scout rainbows

2. scout rainbows make me cry

3. rainbows make me

4. do rainbows really make scout cry?,
  5. this is scout rainbows make me cry spray,
  6. rainbows make me cry,
  7. this is scout. rainbows make me cry spray,
  8. why do rainbows make scout cry