Trade server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sniperofthebrine, 12 Oct 2015.

1. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Because, y'know, it's not like we DON'T get enough players asking to trade. We could really do with a trade server for Team Fortress 2. That way, there's somewhere for players to sell their stuff, spam trade lists, and not get in trouble. I would probably frequent it often, too, if there ever was one.

But, yeah, IDK, upto GM Overlords Of Life ((I mean Managers))

So, yeah, whatever, I'll probably just get a million Douglas ratings anyways.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Ff you are annoyed with the douglas ratings, just ignore rossymac no one takes him seriously anyway.

• Mad Mad x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Plenty of trade servers around.

Idea has been discussed plenty of times before, and the whole thing just creates a can of worms that weighs a metric ton in terms of regulation and administration.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Not to sound full of myself or anything, but I'd be happy to regulate it, with help. We could make it fun-based, too, revolving the maps around each of our more popular maps, like Orange and Teufort.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  5. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Yeah, but it puts a really bad strain on my ratings...

6. Who gives a shit about ratings m8 people use douglas in such a way that its lost pretty much all meaning.

Douglas = Disagree or you've spelled something badly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  7. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

I kinda take a rated person more seriously if they've got a more positive scale.

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 2
    • List
  8. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

eh thats not a good approach, a lot of people were wankers when they joined, and changed for the better, happened to me atleast.

judge people based on what you think of them, not what others do.

9. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

Can't argue with that whatsoever, no matter what I bring up. I guess it's just a little "OCD", if you could even call it that.

10. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

A certain mr Speedy will attest to the fact that ratings in the past mean jack proverbial.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. It's kind of a problem tbf, new people can be quite confused as to why they are given negative ratings, tbf we've been really stagnant for a while with no new people really integrating well into the community for a while.

12. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

I thought we could add a few new admins IF we had a trade/funserver. Y'know, some of our other regulars, IDK, like Trash or Erotic, ((Dunno if either've done applications))

Again, just a suggestion.

If it never worked out, just revoke the status.

"Sorry guys, that server just wasn't popular enough. You're all gonna have to be revoked, I'm afraid"

I.... IDK!

I just think we need a place to move people if they want to tradespam, y'know?

13. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

awk bless

you're trying so hard

14. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

I wouldn't even care if I still didn't become an admin on possible trade/fun server.

• List
  15. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

But I can see where you're going

16. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Don't need people who tradespam, let alone a place to put them...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. Gaw discord is my friend now

I think the Darkisock spam issue could be fixed by just disabling it on the server. Trade servers can also be highly restricted so nothing goes wrong, and the maps are usually indoors with nothing to exploit. I'm not really opposed to the idea, but I feel that the server would be empty 24/7 due to the staggering amount of existing trade servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Sniperofthebrine The saltiest of Pirates

One of the major problems I didn't think about. Shoot.

19. Ayy lmao, who's this cringelord

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)